software to send analog to iptv server (2 Viewers)

spartintv

January 10, 2020
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
does anyone know of a software like media portal that will allow me to send streams over the net to my server .

spartintv

January 10, 2020
Country flag
I have access to analog and clear qam over analog and media portal would be awesome if I could send the streams where I wanted them to go . I have been looking for months

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hello!

I have access to analog and clear qam over analog
    Hmmm. I'm a bit surprised, for 2 reasons:
    1. My understanding was that analog cable is not very common - in fact, quite rare - the USA now.
    2. Clear QAM is not analog. It is unencrypted digital cable.
    Perhaps you could clarify who your cable provider is, and which package/tier you have?

spartintv

January 10, 2020
    Country flag
    I am still on a analog cable system, after a lot of research I have learned that clear qam can be transmitted over analog or digital . I am not 100% certain what the clear qam is over analog BUT I have a TBS tuner card for clear qam and it will not tune in any channels but I can use the Hauppauge USB 955Q which is for ATSC and NTSC and I can tune in all the analog and clear qam.
    MY issue is I need some way to manage these channels off these tuners and send to my IPTV server software

spartintv

January 10, 2020
    Country flag
    thanks AJS but that just shows you who is connected to your media portal sever ,

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    I am still on a analog cable system...
    Honestly, this still doesn't really make sense to me, because I've never heard of "clear QAM over analog". If we assume that your channels are simply standard analog cable then perhaps we can make some progress.

MY issue is I need some way to manage these channels off these tuners and send to my IPTV server software
    It's very hard to help without more specific details about your requirements and the "IPTV server software" you keep referring to. For example:
    • How does the software injest streams?
    • What stream types (eg. RTSP, M3U8 etc.) and media formats (eg. h.264/AVC, MPEG 2 etc.) does the software support?
    • Are you only wanting to "send streams" over a local network (LAN), or do you have to send over the internet?
    • How will the software tell MediaPortal which channel to stream?

spartintv

January 10, 2020
    Country flag
    just assume they are analog cable ,
    I will be sending over the net, my server software accepts multiple formats like below …...H.264 or H.265 …..
    to break it down , im going to have about 80 tuners , where they be dual tuners , quad , even octo tuners ive seen , ill have to have a tuner for each channel.
    if these was digital channels prob would not be a issue but where they analog NTSC format I cant seem to find software to manage the streams ,
    Media Source

spartintv

January 10, 2020
    Country flag
    you know what I think Im looking for software encoding maybe

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    I will be sending over the net
    to break it down , im going to have about 80 tuners , where they be dual tuners , quad , even octo tuners ive seen , ill have to have a tuner for each channel.
    These are red flags for me. Sounds like you intend to stream your cable provider's channels to other people via the internet. I'm not interested in enabling anybody to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom