sort by Date (1 Viewer)

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
this has probably been asked before, if so i apologize....

i was wondering...what is the logic behing the current sort order when i choose 'date added'? the reason i ask is, that usually if i choose this sort order, the latest movies which were added to the database are listed first. this is very convinient. problem is, every so often, a newly added movie does not appear on top of the list. for instance, i recently added 'public enemies' to the database, but for some reason, it isn't listed as the first movie when i choose the 'date added' view. it ranks way below movies which were added some time before. is this simply a 'bug' that happens once in a while or am i missing something?

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    this has probably been asked before, if so i apologize....

i was wondering...what is the logic behing the current sort order when i choose 'date added'? the reason i ask is, that usually if i choose this sort order, the latest movies which were added to the database are listed first. this is very convinient. problem is, every so often, a newly added movie does not appear on top of the list. for instance, i recently added 'public enemies' to the database, but for some reason, it isn't listed as the first movie when i choose the 'date added' view. it ranks way below movies which were added some time before. is this simply a 'bug' that happens once in a while or am i missing something?

check the date created. a lot of people have found that some movies that have been acquired over the internet has created_on dates in the past for some reason. When the new version comes out, you will have the option of selecting to use the current time when importing movies into the DB.

Boiler

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    thanks mate. yeah, it's gotta be something like this, although there's no logic to it. i did recheck the dates and it seems that in some cases, the 'date created' of the file is simply wrong. my explorer (directory opus) was set to show only 'date modified', so i didn't see that, for instance, 'public enemies' does indeed have a 'date created' from 2008 (which of course makes no sense at all) while the 'date modified' is the date the file landed on my hd.

however, it's clear that there's no bug and movingpictures is just working the way it should

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Boiler, just for your info, I found a program called 'Directory Report' which can change all 3 dates to what ever you want it to... Let me know if you need a better explanation or links :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    FYI, I talked about creating a poll a few days ago, but I think I am just going to leave the default to the Create Date. Modifiable by the user after install. That is the setting we have been using for a while and there have been relatively few complaints. And I think starting a poll will just trigger a whole new religious debate. :p

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    does that mean, that nothing will be changed in futur Versions? Do i understand that right?? No Ability to choose between the Options you talked about?
    Please tell me, that i am wrong and have to learn english! ;)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That means that by default the "date added" field will be the creation time of the file. If you want to change this you can. It will be completely configurable.

Users who are viewing this thread