Sort by or multiple Instances? (1 Viewer)

MrCrispy

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi fforde,

Will it be possible to have compound filters? e.g. I have a filter which is only HD (by looking at properties set by mediainfo) and another for genre/path etc. Can I make one that says all 'all hd movies of this genre' or 'all hd movies that don't exist under this path' by doing a boolean combine?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes. There will be two types of filters, simple and complex. For a simple filter you would just pick a tag like genre which would auto fill the sub options with all available genres. You could also do a complex filter where you just give it a name and specify the criteria yourself. Below is a (slightly outdated) mock up of the interface to create a complex filter. The top section allows you to define rules that are either combine with AND or OR logic. You could also add a subfilter in the list of rules which would allow for complex boolean logic like this:

(YEAR >=1980 OR YEAR < 1990) AND GENRE='Action'

I think most people will just use the filter configuration that is setup out of the box, but it will all be customizable. The system should allow you to setup your collection however you want though. Here is an example of what is possible, although of course this is just a mockup and the final version will probably behave a bit differently in some cases.
http://projects.zerobarrier.nl/mediaportal/navigation/filter_demo.xml

filtermockup2.png

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I personally think the tick box method is the best way... I would like to be able to tag multiple genres. For instance "Sci-fi" AND "Romance" hahah... Why not?

Not "Sci-fi" or "Romance"

For instance "Sci-fi" and "Thriller" usually go hand in hand for good entertainment, though I would not want "Sci-fi" and "Comedy" hence why just having "Sci-fi" by it self does not surpass..

Just my two cents.. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
Replies
Views
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
Replies
Views
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Skin Properties DE
Thanks RoChess. Somehow I always forget the web archive when looking for information that leads to dead links. :rolleyes:
Thanks RoChess. Somehow I always forget the web archive when looking for information that leads to dead links. :rolleyes:
Not sure if I’ve missed this info somewhere here but is there a full list or wiki that’s actually working with a full list of...
Replies
Views
What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select another. Moving Pictures scales down the high res pictures and shrinks the filesize as well so I can't just go to fanart or themoviedb and get the images without doing some extra work to get the file right...
What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
What's the best way to select a different backdrop? Sometimes the first selected backdrop is not great and I'd like to select...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom