Sort Special-Season (1 Viewer)

andimoor

Portal Pro
January 7, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
How can I sort Seasons by date of aired?

Season 1
Special 1
Season 2
Season 3

Spartacus - Blood and Sand (Season 1)
Spartacus - Gods of the Arena (Special 1)
Spartacus - Vengeance (Season 2)
Spartacus - War of the Damned (Season 3)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MP-TVSeries config -> "General" -> enable "Sort Specials in Episode list (Aired Order only)"

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, the same Season is a Special.

I want to sort in Season-List, not in Episode-List

Why I can't give every Serie, every Season and every Episode a Sortname?

Attachments

• 2014-03-11 08_20_32-MediaPortal - My TV Series.png
      2014-03-11 08_20_32-MediaPortal - My TV Series.png
      2.7 MB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We don't do any grouping of specials, we only sort in the episode view if enabled. It's an interesting idea, you're the first user to of requested it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I see what you mean now. For me it sorts "Specials" after "Seasons" because of the language. P goes after E, but before T in your case.

One thing you can do though is rewrite the entire Spartacus show as a manual import, the same way users manually import sport shows that are not supported on TheTVdB. It is a lot of work (one time), but then you can re-arrange everything the way you want it. The show is ended, so it is easier to do then.

Or wait for @ltfearme to get to your todo list item.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I see what you mean now. For me it sorts "Specials" after "Seasons" because of the language. P goes after E, but before T in your case.
    That's something different, you can sort specials at the beginning or the end of the seasons list (there is a setting for that).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That's something different, you can sort specials at the beginning or the end of the seasons list (there is a setting for that).

There's an app for that :)

Shows I really need to update things on this box, because I did not have that setting listed.

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, I think my English is not good enough, but I think you understand all ...

I hope in a future version it is possible to sort all entries ...

Another Question: How can change the entries in the list?

Season 1 --> Season 1 - Blood and Sand

My Wishes:

- More flexibility
    - Change the Name of a Season (you named it "Pretty Name"???) - the Name (Title), which you can see in MP
    - To give every Title (Series, Seasons) a Sorttitle (if I want to change it)

New Wish:

- To give every Title (Series, Seasons, Episodes) an internal Number to sort it on the right (or own wish) place.
    Some Specials are Prequels others are Sequels of a Serie. Others are Prequels or Sequels of a Season.

If every Episode (better: every File) has a internal Number (which is editabel) everyone can sort every Season, Episode and Special to the place (of the List) if he wants.

This is my biggest Wish. So I can sort, but Online-Information works pretty.

I hope my English is good enough ...

Thanks ...

Last edited:

andimoor

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New Wish:

- To give every Title (Series, Seasons, Episodes) an internal Number to sort it on the right (or own wish) place.
    Some Specials are Prequels others are Sequels of a Serie. Others are Prequels or Sequels of a Season.

If every Episode (better: every File) has a internal Number (which is editabel) everyone can sort every Season, Episode and Special to the place (of the List) if he wants.

This is my biggest Wish. So I can sort, but Online-Information works pretty.

I hope my English is good enough ...

Thanks ..

Users who are viewing this thread