Sound stops working after first playback (2 Viewers)

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
Thanks!
However, no luck.
I tried playback a few times, 3-4 times, and when pressing stop the receiver got no PCM stream(ANALOG, but image). On the last try I pressed stop, it went into the "UNKNOWN" state with no image. I pressed "down" on the remote once and PCM and image got back.
(Refresh change worked as it should during the tests.)

Logs attached.

Ps. I will be out a while. But back around 13-14.00 or so.

Attachments

• Logs3.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 23

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
I'm on IRC but only for a few minutes. Need to go out a while. :p
I watched a movie last night and now one episode a few times of the series today for test after your code. Playback of them worked but with the "no signal" bug after stop which forced me to press a button on the remote to trigger a sound.

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
Working. Tried an episode a few times and then a movie with DTS. DRR works and PCM 5.1 after stop.

Attachments

• Logs-working.zip
    47.4 KB · Views: 24

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    That's good news, ok it's a workaround but if it works :p
    So we need to do some more testing about to know if all added code is really needed (seems yes) and change the log code, I have added the log to error for better fast looking :)

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Country flag
    Okay. Did another try without the FCU checkbox and not skin sound enabled. It stopped working.
    Tried without FCU but WITH Skin sounds enabled and it works.
    Logs attached.

Maybe your fix can be applied even tho the skin sounds are disabled?

Attachments

• Logs_noFCU_noSkinSound_notWorking.zip
      26.9 KB · Views: 20
    • Logs_noFCU_SkinSound_Working.zip
      37.9 KB · Views: 22
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Ok, surely that play sound code need to have the option enabled, it can be logical after all :p
    Thanks for confirming :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Country flag
    Yep it's that :
    C#:
    public static int PlaySound(string sSoundFile, bool bSynchronous, bool bIgnoreErrors,
                                    bool bNoDefault, bool bLoop, bool bNoStop)
        {
          if (!enableGuiSounds)
            return 0;

If enableGuiSounds is false (not enable) the sound is not played at all and then lead to the original issue lol

Users who are viewing this thread