Spanish Scraper: I need your help (1 Viewer)

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I need some directory listings of user's movies who have Spanish titles. I am working on a scraper for Filmaffinity.com.

-LRFalk01

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
I need some directory listings of user's movies who have Spanish titles. I am working on a scraper for Filmaffinity.com.

-LRFalk01

What's exactly what you need? Sorry, I can't understand well what you are asking for. If it is a list of movies which titles are in spanish, here you have one:

[•REC]
2001, Una odisea del espacio
21 Gramos
28 Días Después
4 Meses, 3 Semanas y 2 Días
A Sangre Fría
A.I. Inteligencia Artificial
Abierto Hasta el Amanecer
Abre los Ojos
Adiós Pequeña, Adiós
Al Final de la Escapada
Al Otro Lado
Alguien voló sobre el Nido del Cuco
Amanecer
Amores Perros
Anatomía de un asesinato
Antes del Amanecer
Antes que el diablo sepa que has muerto
Asesinato en el Orient Express
Atraco Perfecto
Atrapa a un Ladrón
Atrapado en el Tiempo
Atrapado por su Pasado
Avaricia
AzulOscuroCasiNegro
Bailando con Lobos
Banda Aparte
Berlín Occidente
Bienvenido, Míster Marshall!
Bin-jip (Hierro 3)
Breve Encuentro
Buenas Noches, y Buena Suerte
Calle Mayor
Carretera Perdida
Cautivos del Mal
Centauros del Desierto
Chantaje en Broadway
Ciudad de Dios
Ciudadano Kane

Well, I think that that's enough. I am sure (not 100%, obviously) that you will find all of them in filmaffinity. If you need more movie films tell me and I will post all my movie collection (531 films).

Thanks for writing a filmafinity scraper, in my opinion it's the best web for getting movie information (in spanish, of course). Keep up with the good work guys!

Regards,

Aitor

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Thanks bodiroga!

This is exactly what I was asking for. If you don't mind, can you PM me with a directory listing of your entire collection? This will greatly help me on troubleshooting.

Thanks,
LRFalk01

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Attached is a build of this scraper. It should work very well. If you are unable to find a movie you can change the search string to the ID of the movie and it will also find it.

-LRFalk01

Attachments

• FilmAffinity.xml
    30.6 KB

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Attached is a build of this scraper. It should work very well. If you are unable to find a movie you can change the search string to the ID of the movie and it will also find it.

-LRFalk01

Hi LRFalk01!

I have proved your scraper and apparently works fine with my films. Good work!

Anyway, I have few questions about the script:

1) Can you adapt the scraper to download only the summary of the film and not the awards?

Here you have and example of the [REC] film:

The summary now downloaded: "2007: Festival de Cine Fantástico de Sitges: Mejor director, mejor actriz (Manuela Velasco). 2007: 2 Premios Goya: mejor actriz revelación (Manuela Velasco), mejor montaje. Nominada a los mejores efectos especiales / Terror. Intriga / SINOPSIS: Cada noche, Ángela (Manuela Velasco), una joven reportera de una televisión local, sigue con su cámara a un colectivo distinto. Esta noche les toca a los bomberos, con la secreta esperanza de poder vivir en directo un impactante incendio. Pero la noche trascurre extremadamente tranquila. Y cuando por fin reciben la llamada de una anciana que se ha quedado encerrada en su casa, no les queda otro remedio que seguir a un grupo de bomberos durante su "misión" de rescate. En el edificio donde vive la anciana, los vecinos están muy asustados. Demasiado. La mujer, encerrada en su piso, lanza unos gritos desgarradores... Los bomberos destrozan la puerta y, seguidos por Ángela y el cámara, encuentran a la anciana semiinconsciente, rodeada por decenas de gatos. De pronto, la mujer se lanza sobre un bombero, mordiéndole salvajemente, delante de los incrédulos compañeros y del objetivo de la cámara. Es sólo el inicio de una larga pesadilla y de un dramático reportaje único en el mundo: cuando los otros bomberos se llevan al herido, descubren que la única salida del edificio está bloqueada por las autoridades. El edificio ha sido puesto en cuarentena. Parece que un extraño virus se ha propagado en el interior. (FILMAFFINITY)"

Request summary: "Cada noche, Ángela (Manuela Velasco), una joven reportera de una televisión local, sigue con su cámara a un colectivo distinto. Esta noche les toca a los bomberos, con la secreta esperanza de poder vivir en directo un impactante incendio. Pero la noche trascurre extremadamente tranquila. Y cuando por fin reciben la llamada de una anciana que se ha quedado encerrada en su casa, no les queda otro remedio que seguir a un grupo de bomberos durante su "misión" de rescate. En el edificio donde vive la anciana, los vecinos están muy asustados. Demasiado. La mujer, encerrada en su piso, lanza unos gritos desgarradores... Los bomberos destrozan la puerta y, seguidos por Ángela y el cámara, encuentran a la anciana semiinconsciente, rodeada por decenas de gatos. De pronto, la mujer se lanza sobre un bombero, mordiéndole salvajemente, delante de los incrédulos compañeros y del objetivo de la cámara. Es sólo el inicio de una larga pesadilla y de un dramático reportaje único en el mundo: cuando los otros bomberos se llevan al herido, descubren que la única salida del edificio está bloqueada por las autoridades. El edificio ha sido puesto en cuarentena. Parece que un extraño virus se ha propagado en el interior. "

Is this possible?

2) Can you download the film genres from filmaffinity? In the summary text you have it, in: "Terror. Intriga".

3) Is it posible to download "Centification", "Language", "Tagline" and "IMDb ID" from IMDB? Without this information the "Movie Details" window is empty :D

Thank you very much for the scraper, you have done a very good work.

Regards,

Aitor

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
I'm glad you like it bodiroga. The issue with the summary is that it does not always contain that information. I can do some more work to take out the information be before the sinopsis, but I was unsure if users would want it to remain there. I will see what i can do to enhance the genre/summery gathering.

-LRFalk01

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
I'm glad you like it bodiroga. The issue with the summary is that it does not always contain that information. I can do some more work to take out the information be before the sinopsis, but I was unsure if users would want it to remain there. I will see what i can do to enhance the genre/summery gathering.

-LRFalk01

If it was an "Awards" place in "Movie Details" window, I would love to get that information, but without it, I think that the best option is to get only the summary information. Has anybody an opposite opinion?

Thanks again for your work ;)

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
bodiroga, I have made another version of the scraper that does a better job getting the genres out of the summary. Let me know what you think.

-LRFalk01

Attachments

• FilmAffinity.xml
    30.6 KB

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Wowwwww! Well done LRFalk01, except in some films it works like a charm. This scraper is getting better with the modifications.

Now, if it is possible, I have to ask you if you can combine the filmaffinity script with the IMDB script to get the "Certification", "Language", "Tagline" and "IMDB number" from IMDB. Pleassssse, add this feature in order to get all the information in one time, because otherwise I have to do one first scan with filmaffinity, another one with IMDB and then finally the last one with IMDB. Can you add this, please?

Thanks for all your work, you are doing a great job with all the scripts.

Regards,

Aitor

Users who are viewing this thread