SSD and Timeshifiting still an issue? with recent MP 1.2.0 (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for those quick responses.

I guess I wasn't being very clear. :oops: Tompa understood what I was getting at.

If I have a total of 12Gb RAM, will the RAM Disk software be able to both 'see' and use this and split it between 4Gb for OS etc and 8Gb for RAM Drive, even though the 32 bit OS has the limitation of 4Gb.

I'll check out the links provided.

Thank you,

M

gurk

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    AW: Re: SSD and Timeshifiting still an issue? with recent MP 1.2.0

... will the RAM Disk software be able to both 'see' and use this and split it between 4Gb for OS etc and 8Gb for RAM Drive, even though the 32 bit OS has the limitation of 4Gb.

YES:)
    see RAMDisk FAQ
    "Can RAMDisk use memory not available or seen by 32-bit Windows?
    Dataram RAMDisk cannot make use of memory that is not available in 32-bit Windows systems between 3 and 4 GB. RAMDisk can use memory not "seen" by 32-bit Windows ABOVE 4 GB, i.e. 6 or 8 GB."

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok well I had another round of tests.

I played some random videos with VLC on my gaming pc (tv server). This is causing the sitter on my client PC in the other room (over gigabit network). Possibly VLC is hogging the memory or the CPU. I'll need to do some more tests. The pc itself should be plenty powerful to stream over the network.. I'm just thinking VLC is interfering somehow.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok I set VLC to use gpu accelleration and it fixed it.
    By this I mean, my tvserver pc is not using as much CPU now, so feeding the tv buffer to the client is running fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of...
    Replies
    Views
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When the movie is changed from the first item in the list, the value populates. I have a working solution to this issue and it requires an update to the Cornerstone.MP.Extensions project class...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    There is an issue with missing #fanarthandler.movie.clearart.selected path value when MovingPictures loads a list of movies. When...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    If you search in forum for "0x80070643" you find several threads with solutions. [solved] - Fatal Error 0x80070643 during MP2 installation MP2 - V2.4.1 - [solved] - MP2-V2.4.1 Installation crashes
    If you search in forum for "0x80070643" you find several threads with solutions. [solved] - Fatal Error 0x80070643 during MP2...
    Greetings All - newbie here I'm getting an error when attempting to install MP2: Error 1064: An Exception occurred in the service...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom