Stepping through a recorded radio show

Anthony Vaughan
Country flag

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to step through a recorded radio show when playing it back?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

CyberSimian
    Country flag

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is it possible to step through a recorded radio show when playing it back?
    I too would very much like this capability. At present, only FAST_FORWARD and FAST_REWIND work.

At one time, MP did not remember the playback position for DVR-MS video files (this was an oversight, I think, fixed in recent releases). So before that fix was available, I converted all of my DVR-MS video files to TS files. But I could not convert my radio DVR-MS files, as the tool that I have (VideoReDo) refuses to convert files if there is no video present. :(

However, I now find that for my recent radio recordings I actually want to do the reverse! :eek: This is because MP does support SKIP_FORWARD and SKIP_BACKWARD for DVR-MS files that contain no video. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a free TS Converter tool that will convert from TS to DVR-MS when there is no video in the file. :cry:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan
    Country flag

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Ah, another VideoReDo user! I love it! Great support team.

I've never tried to convert an audio TS file to anything else though.

Obviously, I can listen to, and step through, an audio TS file outside MP, but it would be nice to be able to do everything from within a MP client. I suppose that the main difference, in MP, between video and radio files is that the software seems to run different screen code when playing back a video file, trapping forward and back instructions, as opposed to radio playback that seems to run in the parent screen (the menu on the left opens when pressing forward/back buttons).

Perhaps a nice-to-have feature in a future release?

Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom