Stepping through a recorded radio show (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to step through a recorded radio show when playing it back?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is it possible to step through a recorded radio show when playing it back?
    I too would very much like this capability. At present, only FAST_FORWARD and FAST_REWIND work.

At one time, MP did not remember the playback position for DVR-MS video files (this was an oversight, I think, fixed in recent releases). So before that fix was available, I converted all of my DVR-MS video files to TS files. But I could not convert my radio DVR-MS files, as the tool that I have (VideoReDo) refuses to convert files if there is no video present. :(

However, I now find that for my recent radio recordings I actually want to do the reverse! :eek: This is because MP does support SKIP_FORWARD and SKIP_BACKWARD for DVR-MS files that contain no video. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a free TS Converter tool that will convert from TS to DVR-MS when there is no video in the file. :cry:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Ah, another VideoReDo user! I love it! Great support team.

I've never tried to convert an audio TS file to anything else though.

Obviously, I can listen to, and step through, an audio TS file outside MP, but it would be nice to be able to do everything from within a MP client. I suppose that the main difference, in MP, between video and radio files is that the software seems to run different screen code when playing back a video file, trapping forward and back instructions, as opposed to radio playback that seems to run in the parent screen (the menu on the left opens when pressing forward/back buttons).

Perhaps a nice-to-have feature in a future release?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    Thanks CyberSimian, that's fixed it (y) and also thanks to AJS for including the change in the next release.
    When using the List Layout for Argus TV Recorded TV the page count is above the bottom information bar, refer to attached...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom