Strange behaviour when changing channels (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I will check out #12633 later today.

I have used dvbviewer for a few years now and client/server channel changes there are instant, ( less than 0.5 sec even on 56 mbit WLAN). Atleast on FTA channels.
    Each dvbviewer client does its own timeshifting. the streaming dvbserver only forwards the dvb streaming data to the client. Pretty basic.

dvbviewer does some tricks in order to achieve a fast channel change.
    Ex. It does not recreate the directshow graph between channel changes.
    This is apparently quite expensive to do.

I guess I have to sacrifice high speed channel change if I want to move on to MP.
    For the time being at least.

But for now channel changes are broken for me and obviously others too.
    Please tell us what we can do to provide you with the info that u need in order to nail this issue ?

/Gibman

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will check out #12633 later today.

I have used dvbviewer for a few years now and client/server channel changes there are instant, ( less than 0.5 sec even on 56 mbit WLAN). Atleast on FTA channels.
    Each dvbviewer client does its own timeshifting. the streaming dvbserver only forwards the dvb streaming data to the client. Pretty basic.

dvbviewer does some tricks in order to achieve a fast channel change.
    Ex. It does not recreate the directshow graph between channel changes.
    This is apparently quite expensive to do.

I guess I have to sacrifice high speed channel change if I want to move on to MP.
    For the time being at least.

But for now channel changes are broken for me and obviously others too.
    Please tell us what we can do to provide you with the info that u need in order to nail this issue ?

/Gibman

[Hallo Gibman,

I think too, that the timeshifting on the clients are the better way.

The speed of channel-changing was in some previous svn good :oops:

I think, the first release of tve/mp will be good ;)

frodo has added some testcode (pmt) is this svn:cool:

If you try the 12633 you can look for my problem above with the equal-channel-error.
    And the forward/backward-function by looking a record is also not ok. Stuttering is now away.

Excuse my bad english sometimes:sorry:

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I tried the new svn builds of the tvserver tvengine3-01-15-2007--01-13h--Rev12633.zip

along with the latest client.

The result is worse than before.
    Another problem has occured now, so i am unable to even test the channel change problem.

When I enter myTV and change to the first FTA dvb-t channel, then I get no picture at all. The sound is coming through but with lots of pauses and even som high pitched digital artifacts sounds, like there are errors in the stream. ARghhh my ears.
    Also a once in a while a frame of the video is rendered on the screen, but only 1 frame...then if I sit and wait a few mins. more then another frame is rendered etc. all while the sound is lagging and screetching. The video frame can contain video artifacts also, indicating a bad stream.

Again, tried different directshow filters to no avail.

It is 100% reprod. on both my 2 clients.
    My 2 clients have no problems playing media files with other players.

/Gibman

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried the new svn builds of the tvserver tvengine3-01-15-2007--01-13h--Rev12633.zip

along with the latest client.

The result is worse than before.
    Another problem has occured now, so i am unable to even test the channel change problem.

When I enter myTV and change to the first FTA dvb-t channel, then I get no picture at all. The sound is coming through but with lots of pauses and even som high pitched digital artifacts sounds, like there are errors in the stream. ARghhh my ears.
    Also a once in a while a frame of the video is rendered on the screen, but only 1 frame...then if I sit and wait a few mins. more then another frame is rendered etc. all while the sound is lagging and screetching. The video frame can contain video artifacts also, indicating a bad stream.

Again, tried different directshow filters to no avail.

It is 100% reprod. on both my 2 clients.
    My 2 clients have no problems playing media files with other players.

/Gibman

Hello Gibman,

how looks without dvb-t, only with your ss2 ???
    I ask because I have no such problems. I use 2xDVB-S nova-s plus.

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

You know, I was thinking about this too, but got to the conclusion that, not only a lot of the code will need to be changed, but this can complicate timeshifting.

Also, it would be impossible to implement diskless clients.

But, nevertless, appears to be something interesting to think about.

josu

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2006
    Kassel, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

You know, I was thinking about this too, but got to the conclusion that, not only a lot of the code will need to be changed, but this can complicate timeshifting.

Also, it would be impossible to implement diskless clients.

But, nevertless, appears to be something interesting to think about.

Hello joboehl,

thats correct. And you must have a good cpu for timeshifting, too.

Now its possible to use a 800-duron with 192MB (runs in my network as mp-client).

I tought this, because in mp0.2.2. is the timeshifting-function integrated and is only deactivated by the tv-server-plugin:mad:

I am hopefully, that the developers can resolve this problem. It seems, there is only a little code-bug by the ts-switching.:)

I will test the new svn12640. frodo has fixed an error in the channel-scan-area,
    which has caused the "novideo/audio-message":D

I will report over this today:oops:

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just installed : tvengine3-01-16-2007--01-15h--Rev12640.zip
    + latest svn client.

If I run a singleseat (client+server on same PC), then I have no problems at all regarding channel changes.
    I have changed channel numerous times now, without any black screen.

But the problem still exists on my networked clients.

Seems there is a great difference in 127.0.0.1 clients and real networked clients.

/gibman

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Yes there are differences. I'am concentrating testing and bug reporting on networked client since it appears some work can be done in this area.

I think the more bug reports/suggestions specific to networked clients would help isolate those differences.

Cepheus

Portal Member
    December 12, 2006
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I found a new bug ;) I run Server 12643 and MP 12643. I watch a channel with MP on the server machine. Then I switch to the active stream (from the server) in the MP on the client (network machine). Then I can watch with no problems. If I then press the "TV Ein" (I guess the english translation is TV on) so that the orange bulb goes away, then I have no TV (as I wanted), but after some seconds the orange bulb goes on again an the TV as well. It's like in "Max Headroom", no working TV off switch :D

HTH, Rainer

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Cepheus, where do you press the TV On button, the client or the server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom