Strange behaviour when changing channels (1 Viewer)

Cepheus

Portal Member
December 12, 2006
Vienna
Home Country
Austria Austria
:oops: I forgot. On the client (network machine).

Rainer

verolano

Portal Member
September 25, 2006
Rome
Home Country
Italy Italy
Bugs testing fast channel changing

Ciao a tutti,
I'm using TVServer 12640 and MP 12640 in a configuration with client and server on the same PC.
For me changing codec from Cyberlink to NVIDIA Purevideo seems to solve a video-audio delay on zapping.
Testing channel changing I've found two memory bugs using MINI EPG in fullscreen video:
1) step1.jpg present the process status after starting mediaportal. Continuosly scrolling groups to the first group (in mini EPG) increase Mediaportal.exe size by circa 400 KB on each scroll (step2.jpg).
2) Continuosly using previous-next channel via remote pad, SQLSERVR.EXE starts a neverending memory allocation (step3.jpg).

PG

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I decided to try the new builds to see if my channel changing problem has gone or not.

It's still there.

using
    tvengine3-01-22-2007--01-13h--Rev12695.zip
    I removed the tvlibrary database, leaving no traces behind.
    Did a complete rescan.

Singleseat has no problems. This indicates to me that the BDA dvb-t drivers are good.
    Real networked client has alot of problems regarding channel changes.

Now, if I tune to a FTA ch. on my dvb-t yakumo USB2 stick and then tune to another channel. All is good video and audio are there.

If I hit the "0" key (used to make MP go to the previous channel) sooner or later the MP client will give me a black screen and no audio. The GUI is still responding.
    On previous builds I had problems with the GUI locking up some time after a "black" screen.

The timeshifting file is still being recorded on the server and is still "up2date", when viewing it with VLC. So the tvserver is still tuned into the channel without problems. The problem is perhaps the client plugin ?

I already did complete/attach logs etc. so look in the beginning of this thread, if u want them.

/Gibman

guyf

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    changing channels

Sometimes it changes to the wrong channel.
    Very strange.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Damn, am I the only one with this problem ?
    It seems so by the looks of it.

Are everyone out there running the tvengine3 in single seat mode only ?

I have major problems regarding channel changes on the real networked clients.
    I can usually change channel 2-5 times before I am presented with a black screen and no sound. The client is still responding though. Giving me the possibility to change channel once again, and again. But it never recovers. Once the client is restarted, everything is back to normal, for about 2-5 channel changes LOL.

I tried the following things.

1) updated to last SVN's of both server + client + client plugin.
    2) tried on different clients/PCs, same problem on all of them. One of the clients with a clean install of xp.
    3) tried different directshow decoder filters on the client, same problem.
    4) tried different dvb-t and skystar2 drivers, same problem.
    5) running singleseat..wooooow, channel changes work, finally.
    Although singleseat setup is unusable for me.
    6) Tried using only one dvb-x device on the tvserver, no dice.
    7) disabled AVG antivirus on both client and server, no dice.

No firewalls are running anywhere on my boxes.

It doesn't matter which channel I try and tune to being it dvb-t or dvb-s, sooner or later I get a black screen+no sound on the networked client.
    During this period "Task Manager" shows me no LAN activity. Although the server is still timeshifting like there was no tomorrow.
    Once the client has gone "black" it never recovers, meaning if I try to tune into another channel etc. it never gives me audio and video back. The server is getting the channel changes just fine.

As it is now, I am only using MP as a video player on my projector.

I still have to use dvbviewer for dvb-x TV over LAN. This is working just great.
    My main goal would be to have only one app for all audio / video related tasks.

But I guess I have to see what the future brings in regard to this problem.

I would love to re-attach fresh new logs from the client and server, only I would tend to think that I was wasting my time doing so. My previous logs in this thread were not appreciated it seems.

I am only missing one thing. Re-installing the server, but I wont do that. Too much work. It's a multi purpose server, web mail etc etc.

I am no PC novice.
    I am a programmer with 8 years of experience.
    /Gibman

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Seems like the problem is solved with build #12895.

Thx
    Gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom