Strange error message (1 Viewer)

Mike Amory

Portal Member
June 8, 2015
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

I can't start TV Server Config. I tried a fresh install with no luck.
What does this cryptic error message mean?
mediaportal_error.jpg

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

This small picture is, well, just small ;). Can you attach a full size picture and possibly the logs? Please use WatchDog on your desktop to collect existing logs (option 3).

Mike Amory

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello,

This small picture is, well, just small ;). Can you attach a full size picture and possibly the logs? Please use WatchDog on your desktop to collect existing logs (option 3).

Corrected the image link. I can't start the TV-server config and MediaPortal says "no free tuner available". I'll try to create a log.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your PC's IP address has changed:
    [2015-06-08 13:37:59,893] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1
    [2015-06-08 13:38:00,110] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

Have you disconnected from the network or something?

Mike Amory

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    MediaPortal Config > TV/Radio says: TV Server hostname 127.0.0.1
    and when I press "Test connection" it says "Connection to the TV server successful.

But I still can't access TV Server Configuration because of the error message (see image).

Does this mean that TV Server Config has a different IP address? How do I fix it if I can't
    access the cinfiguraton database? Do I have to use hammer or knife?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No answer to my question?
    Have you disconnected from the network or something?

Again and in different words: have you disconnected this laptop from the network... or have you moved the laptop out of range of the network... or have you turned off the network router/switch?

MediaPortal Config > TV/Radio says: TV Server hostname 127.0.0.1
    and when I press "Test connection" it says "Connection to the TV server successful.
    This is irrelevant and misleading. Please ignore. Messing around in MediaPortal configuration is futile for this problem.

But I still can't access TV Server Configuration because of the error message (see image).
    Yes. That's because the TV service is not running properly.
    You won't be able to open TV Server configuration until you get the TV service running properly...
    ...and you won't be able to get the TV service running properly until you change the PC's name or IP address back to what it was when you installed MediaPortal/TV Server.

Does this mean that TV Server Config has a different IP address?
    No. In simple terms, an IP address is the address of a network connection.

How do I fix it if I can't access the cinfiguraton database? Do I have to use hammer or knife?
    You fix it by connecting the laptop to the network that it was connected to when you installed MediaPortal/TV Server.

Mike Amory

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I finally found the reason for this error. Microsoft Loopback adapter
    in address 127.0.0.1 was disabled. There was a message saying that
    the adapter is automatically disabled if there are any conflicts. So the
    network was OK, but the virtual network card didn't capture the traffic.
    Thank you for your help. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread