Streamed MP Beta v0.7.409 [21 Mar 2009] (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
In previous versions, the menu items and fanart disappear in basic home if i touch the mouse, is that fixed yet?

btw! this is by far the best skin for mp imo. if any of you skindevs have some spare time one day, could you help me out with a obstacle? i'm working on the myemulators for steamedmp, fanart oriented. If you're able to give me a few pointers, that would be great. see this post.

ftothe3

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
In previous versions, the menu items and fanart disappear in basic home if i touch the mouse, is that fixed yet?

this isn't something that can be fixed with a skin update. it's a problem inherent in MP's skinning engine. it probably won't be fixed anytime soon.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    not sure weather its a bug or not, but obviously once ive watched something it gets marked as watch, this in in tv series btw, and i have my view set to unwatched stuff so i can keep a track of were i am. last night i was watching will and grace and episode got to the ending credits and at that point i went back a screen opened the options (i) and clicked mark as watched on that episode, now usually it would mark it watched, but i had to wait till the video had finished playing before it marked it watched, and mp its self had sort of frozen it started to respond really slowly until the video had finsished playing

any idea's

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    then why don't i have that problem with any other skin?

Any skin that uses fanart on the basic home has this problem, so any Aeon skin derivative suffers from this as well.

It's a limitation that only can be fixed by some major reworking of MP1's graphical abilities, which is more than likely never going to happen, MP2 will not have such limitations.

Wolfmage

Portal Member
    July 28, 2008
    Loving the update guys. All my alignment issues are gone with text for first aired and genre in season view, and I love the new snazzy rounded edges on the covers. Even sudoku is now playable (though my eyes would find it easier at a distance if the set numbers displayed in a more contrasting colour).

Cetra

Portal Member
    May 9, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The new rounded edge overlay isn't being applied to the poster placeholder image used when no poster image is available.

some cosmetic notes :

On my htpc the rounded edges look ok (MovingPictures), but you can still see a few dots from the poster (aka the poster is bigger than the "overlayed edges", but just in the corners...)
    and on some very bright posters you can see the poster thru the frame cause its semi-transparent

other than that it looks quite nice, although i preferred the older look because non standard-size movie posters looked "better"

Thanks

Joe

Yeah this is a definite problem with the new overlay. May need to be a bit more elegant in the execution of this in a future release. Maybe handle it like you would a dynamic table on a website? Create corner images and then use a repeated edge image so the side of the overlay matches the poster resolution.

bash0r

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2009
    Karlsruhe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anybody having trouble with 'live' tv in this release? I select Watch TV on the home page, the screen goes black (with the time in upper left corner), and it just 'hangs' there - no TV, no menu, can't go 'back' to Basic Home, can't exit out, have to go to task manager to kill MediaPortal (which shows 'Not Responding'). Live TV was working yesterday with the previous StreamedMP, and it's working fine today with Blue3wide - just not with this version of StreamedMP.
    Anybody else having these troubles? Or is Live TV working fine for you with this release?

Cheers

Edit - Deleted & reinstalled skin, works now!

i ve got the same problem. i reinstalled the skin aswell but this didnt help.
    as soon as i enter TV the screen gets black and whole MP stucks.
    no way to get back.. having no problems with basic blue3wide skin.
    but i like streamedMP much more :)

greets

//EDIT: after stopping the TVService and restarting it, it works fine... doesnt seem to be a problem of the skin imo.

Rhym

Portal Member
    March 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    There is a small problem with the reflection from the new rounded covers.

If you look at the a season poster, it looks like both the season poster and the series poster are being reflected at once.
    rhym003.JPG

*edit* Series view for comparison.
    rhym002.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom