Streamed MP Beta v0.7.409 [21 Mar 2009] (2 Viewers)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The last thing I remember was, no recorded programs showing, now if that was in icon view or list view not sure, but maybe that would be the place to look

I checked that and all other options, was expecting problems the list/icon views but all looks fine - maybe my test setup is flawed, will double check everything tonight.

Thanks for your looking into this, always appreciated, as I know it can be time consuming.

Regards

No problem, it is good to get back into this again, bit reluctant myself to test the SVNs mainly as dont have the time currently to test and report properly, that and my current MP1.0 setup is so stable dont want to touch it!

Cheers

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will drop some screenshots tonight, summarizing: there are no button labels in any of the menu's, recorded TV list, recording dialog (after pressing the OK button on a future program in the TV Guide). It only shows the number of each button?!

Grtz,
    Ron

Here they are (just a reminder I am running Disasters123's SVN 22029 with 4TR 1.3.3.2 and StreamedMP 0.7.409).

Ron

Attachments

• My TV.JPG
      My TV.JPG
      164.4 KB
    • Program Info (TV Guide).JPG
      Program Info (TV Guide).JPG
      147.8 KB
    • Program Info - Context Menu.JPG
      Program Info - Context Menu.JPG
      112.1 KB
    • Recorded TV.JPG
      Recorded TV.JPG
      176.8 KB
    • TV Upcoming.JPG
      TV Upcoming.JPG
      131.4 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Here they are (just a reminder I am running Disasters123's SVN 22029 with 4TR 1.3.3.2 and StreamedMP 0.7.409).

Ron

Ron,

** Note (after a nights sleep) - These were my findings but not sure if I was correctly installing them, I seem to have all the new features and none of the problems, it may be it is mantory to uninstall during the SVN install process. I stand to be correctled on any of the below...

After a lot of testing I think what you are seeing is a product of the way the SVN's were added to your system agaist any problem with the skin files.

I have tried this with the current SVN (22029) and with Disasters123's SVN 22029, using 4TR 1.3.3.2 and the patches to bring it up to the SVN revision.

I managed to reproduce what you are seeing when installing Disasters123's SVN 22029 and selected uninstall.

I have tested by clearing my test PC, installing MP 1.0 Stable and then installing the current SVN and 4TR components, all looks fine. Did the same using Disasters123's SVN and all was fine.

I can always get the same result as you if I chose unistall->standard uninstall when using Disasters123's SVN...only way back is reinstall MP 1.0 and reinstall the SVN over the top (do not uninstall).

Not sure if you uninstalled or not but there is a problem with your installation that is causing the problems with 4TR the skin files are fine.

Hope this helps

Trevor

PS. Attached is an updated 4TR Home file, this has been amended for animated menu buttons - will do the rest this w/e.

Attachments

• 23-42-59.jpg
      23-42-59.jpg
      159 KB
    • 4TR_Home.xml
      30.6 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is the online videos stuff just the xml copied from their forum? I have the exact same problems that I did with that one. First, it only works in list view. Second, after choosing Plugins->Online Videos->MSNBC->Nightly News and playing a video, I'm always forced back to choose Plugins->Online Videos again.
    Yeah, pretty much a straight copy. The only thing I did from memory was improve the hidden side menu so its consistent with the rest of the skin. I dont use Online Videos plugin but what you describe sounds like a plugin issue. Perhaps you can try the Blue3wide skin to see if you can reproduce.

The Fan Art chooser does not seem to work. For every series I choose, it goes to the choose screen and there are some new labels "Resolution," Disabled" and "Chosen" all displayed in blue, but there is no fan art at all on the screen - like there used to be. My internet connection is working and I can get to thetvdb.com so that should not be the problem (unless there is an api issue).
    Possibly an API issue, there has been lots of problems recently with their mirror site providing images. Most likely you dont see anything due to thumbnails failing to download.

I do have one suggestion. In the documentation it is not clear which of the supported plugins are actually installed as part of StreamedMP. For example, tvseries and moving pictures are both automagically installed. However, online videos is not. Not exactly a big deal, but would be nice if it was documented in the release notes.
    Is it not clear from the Installation Package what is installed. There is checkboxes for each of the 3 plugins MovingPictures, TVseries and RSS?

I'm now finding that TVSeries not updating with newly added shows. Actually, TV Series did find some, but not all. I went into the TVSeries configuration and did an import. Error message attached.
    You need the latest MediaPortal SVN to run TVSeries 2.2...see release note (the bit in red)

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can always get the same result as you if I chose unistall->standard uninstall when using Disasters123's SVN...only way back is reinstall MP 1.0 and reinstall the SVN over the top (do not uninstall).

Not sure if you uninstalled or not but there is a problem with your installation that is causing the problems with 4TR the skin files are fine.

Hope this helps

Trevor

PS. Attached is an updated 4TR Home file, this has been amended for animated menu buttons - will do the rest this w/e.

Trevor,

Actually, I used the (suggested) uninstall option during the install of the SVN, so that created my problem.
    Many, many thanks for investigating this and looking forward to see more 4TR skin updates from you :D

BTW, I saw something on the 4TR forum (For The Record - View topic - Binaries for MediaPortal 1.0 SVN 21720 (and 21688)) stating the following:
    For 1.4 we'll be switching back to our own 4TR_TvGuide.xml, to avoid such surprises, and also since there will be a corresponding 4TR_RadioGuide.xml too then. The same goes for recorded TV/radio, TV/radio home screen, etc... So I'm afraid the downside is that there will be slightly more skin-work involved.

I hope this doesn't create a lot of additional skinning work in the near future :confused:

:D
    Ron

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    ltfearme,

Most of my issues were resolved by installing 1.0.1 SVN. I would be interested to have "proper" Online Videos support. I don't know if it is skin or plugin related that after playing video you are returned to the main menu instead of the list of videos. If you think it is plugin, then I'll post in that forum.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    l I don't know if it is skin or plugin related that after playing video you are returned to the main menu instead of the list of videos. If you think it is plugin, then I'll post in that forum.
    Try another skin such as Blue3wide, if it does the same then its most likely a plugin bug.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    ltfearme,

Just tested with BlueTwo and BlueTwoWide. With both, the plugin works correctly but with StreamedMP it does not so I'm thinking it is a skin issue?

That same skin file I got from their forums worked fine in streamedMP .5 - it stopped working (properly) in .6 and now in .7. Not a big deal since I can still play the files. Hope you can take a look. Should I raise an issue?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That same skin file I got from their forums worked fine in streamedMP .5 - it stopped working (properly) in .6 and now in .7. Not a big deal since I can still play the files. Hope you can take a look. Should I raise an issue?

Yeah, go for it.

deebo

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    I just reinstalled my MP totally today with all the latest stuff, MP 1.0 + latest svn patch, latest streamedmp + tvseries + moving pictures

BUT for whatever reason _NO_ graphics at all are shown in the "fanart oriented" my tvseries skin, all i get is a list of my series as text, and then a list of the seasons/episodes, no episode images or season posters visible

any ideas why?

edit: ok it seems theres just something really wrong with thetvdb.com, half my series are without info and no pictures are being downloaded apparently, guess ill just update later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom