Streamed MP Beta v0.9.601 [02 Sep 2009] [Supports MP 1.1.0 Beta] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Also, it seems from his screen shots that it's a system running a 16:9 skin in 4:3. That will cause some issues as well.

Emph

Some issues is an understatment - the Aeon menu layout will really not work on 4:3 screen (std basichome will have enough issues).

@dmatukian

seconding ixian we will help where we can but and a lot of the info you seek is already in the forums somewhere, will admit finding it can be tricky at times. If you are using a 4:3 screen then StreamedMP, or any of the 16:9 skins may not be your best bet. You could maybe get away with it you keep the menu names very short.

Cheers

dmatukian

Portal Member
September 15, 2009
sorry you guys beat me to my post! the answer was overlooking the "Basichome (Aeon) MOD for StreamedMP!" thread.

thats what helped get the horizontal menu setup correctly. just those 2 additional .xml files and images.

and like was stated in that thread. the original basichome.xml's included in the opening thread would cause errors when loading the Aeon Mod Editor.

Trevor... i used your basichome.xml from post #134 as you were addressing this issue from other users. Now Aeon Mod starts up no problem(besides a missing infoservice plugin) for convenient editing.

I promise when i'm fully satisfied with things i will write a length tutorial for all the future humans who have brain pains sifting for info!

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
sorry you guys beat me to my post! the answer was overlooking the "Basichome (Aeon) MOD for StreamedMP!" thread.

thats what helped get the horizontal menu setup correctly. just those 2 additional .xml files and images.

and like was stated in that thread. the original basichome.xml's included in the opening thread would cause errors when loading the Aeon Mod Editor.

Trevor... i used your basichome.xml from post #134 as you were addressing this issue from other users. Now Aeon Mod starts up no problem(besides a missing infoservice plugin) for convenient editing.

I promise when i'm fully satisfied with things i will write a length tutorial for all the future humans who have brain pains sifting for info!

Ah...I just replied to your post on "Basichome (Aeon) MOD for StreamedMP" thread, can ignore that...If you want to do some docs for this I can open the Wiki on the google code site to you, I keep adding updates but looks like more may be needed.

Cheers

dmatukian

Portal Member
September 15, 2009
you beat me to it again! was about to sayi took a look at the editor .rar file again and noticed the directories i overlooked.

the readme file didnt mention a specific c:\ location which is prob what i was scanning it over for and overlooked it. duh.. me dumb.

got her set up now. sorry for the hassle gentlemen

trevor. i posted this in the other thread too. sorry!!

you beat me to it again! was about to sayi took a look at the editor .rar file again and noticed the directories i overlooked.

the readme file didnt mention a specific c:\ location which is prob what i was scanning it over for and overlooked it. duh.. me dumb.

got her set up now. sorry for the hassle gentlemen

helge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 1, 2006
    Neustadt am Rbge.
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Basic Home

Hey,
    every time when i start my MediaPortal PC, streamed MP last Beta starts with shutdown menu and not
    with basic home ?
    (sorry for my bad englisch)

in German : jedes mal wenn ich MP mit streamed MP 0.9.601 starte kommt das menu zum runterfahren und
    nicht der basic Home,woran liegt das ? kann mir jemand helfen.
    Helge

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm guessing, but can't verify right now.

Have you checked 'show last active module when ...' ? (third option from the bottom in the general setup)?

If you have and you put your machine in standby from the shutdown menu, I would expect it to start from there.

VdR

In German:

Keine Ahnung ;)

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    So I took a look at the code ( at least the code in sourceforge, I still have to check out the new repos - so I'm guessing it's 1.1?) and all the D3D texture patches are there - and more.
    I'm guessing we need another fix then. Trouble is it's a bit harder to debug than the previous bug of vanishing textures. I might still give it a try given it occurs pretty much consistently.

What I really, really don't get is how few people are reporting this. I mean, I have 3 different computers with MP on it and on every single one of them I'm getting the same issues;
    Use VMR, get offset texts
    Use EVR, get crappy playback, not smooth at all.

Am I just too picky?

I'm wondering, when going up one level from the main menu, it fixes everything. Anyone knows what's done at that moment? Maybe we could do the same right after a video has been played back.
    Also, I noticed that when playing something in VMR9 exclusive, after playback the layout is correct for one second, then "refreshes" somehow and after that the screen is messed up.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Hmm
    I cant get this new version working with TV.
    I use 4TR as I have two machines linked, and I know earlier in the thread someone said it should be fine...

Basically, the guide looks fine, but "OK" ing on any program does nothing (normally it would bring up the "view this channel?" etc box)
    Going to TV, only two of the 7 buttons are labelled, "Channel" and "TV On". Clicking the one above Channel does switch to recorded tv though!
    Clicking TV On brings up the miniguide but OK'ing any channel does nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?!

**EDIT**

OK, fixed the missing text- I hadn't copied the language files to the right location. I still have the problem that selecting a channel does nothing though, TV never starts... although playing back recorded tv does work?

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So I take it from the thread that if you want a multi-image background for each item in basichome, you have to put up with the lag issue? I never did really read a fix for it except for the single image solution. And if that is the only solution for the time being, is the lag issue being looked into? Thanks for any info.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    To anyone having issues with EVR, the most amazing thing happened to me today.
    I read another post about the ideal settings for playback, and it stated to uncheck everything but RGB32 in ffdshow output. I did, and guess what! EVR is judder-free now!
    Here's the original post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-1-1-0-beta-1-windows-vista-70107/#post505925
    Oh, and tourette confirmed in another post I created about the VMR9 text offset issue that VMR9 is not supported anymore for vista nor 7, and EVR is going to get some enhancements soon. Although with the RGB only trick it works real good now.

I'm guessing it's the final filter that has to output RGB32 into the EVR renderer. In my case, ffdshow is there all the time (I have it process even raw video coming from coreAVC so that I can apply some corrections of my own) so it's easy to set there. For other people not always using ffdshow, either you find an option to output RGB32 in your filter, or you switch to ffdshow.

Man, I'm happy that this is fixed!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom