Streamed MP Beta v0.9.601 [02 Sep 2009] [Supports MP 1.1.0 Beta] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Will do :oops:

#EDIT#
    I rebuilt the basic home page and noticed the "use multi images" option at the top of the settings page - checked the box and all working now :)

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Issue 182 - streamedmp - No text wrap of movie's description after returning from playback to the details page. - Project Hosting on Google Code

As you say, definitely a problem using VMR9 in Vista/Win7. I had never noticed this since I only used VMR9 in WINXP and EVR with my Vista/Win7 machines.
    If you want to try narrow it down to video memory try deleting some of the large textures, deleting cache and try to reproduce.

If this is the case we can try reduce the size of all the images where we can but at the end of the day the problem will occur and really needs another fix in MediaPortal.

So I took a look at the code ( at least the code in sourceforge, I still have to check out the new repos - so I'm guessing it's 1.1?) and all the D3D texture patches are there - and more.
    I'm guessing we need another fix then. Trouble is it's a bit harder to debug than the previous bug of vanishing textures. I might still give it a try given it occurs pretty much consistently.

What I really, really don't get is how few people are reporting this. I mean, I have 3 different computers with MP on it and on every single one of them I'm getting the same issues;
    Use VMR, get offset texts
    Use EVR, get crappy playback, not smooth at all.

Am I just too picky?

dmatukian

Portal Member
    September 15, 2009
    i guess this isnt a huge deal. but is there a way to not have longer titles not cut off on the MENU pages like the MOVING PICTURES selection in this picture?

128303d1247162105-my-first-htpc-build-5050e-780g-mobo-antec-fusion-18-51-05.jpg

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i guess this isnt a huge deal. but is there a way to not have longer titles not cut off on the MENU pages like the MOVING PICTURES selection in this picture?

128303d1247162105-my-first-htpc-build-5050e-780g-mobo-antec-fusion-18-51-05.jpg

Yes there is, it's called using Basic Home :) You aren't in that pic at least.

Better yet, use the Aeon2 editor mod found in this forum (check the thread for the googlecode download) for a far superior look.

dmatukian

Portal Member
    September 15, 2009

how can i select Basic Home?

i found the editor mod and followed the https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/mod-fusionmp-streamedmp-aeon-elements-59618/ thread.

i downloaded, and dragged and dropped into the proper directories. (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP on vista 32)

AeonModSupportFiles.zip
    FusionMP_movpics_V2b.rar

and ran Aeon Mod Editor. selected use Aeon graphics, set Available Windows to Basic Home, cleared cache, hit generate, and loaded MP. Said i needed to select image folder for WEATHER, just removed weather to test the thing out, still getting the same old StreamedMP look. it appears as though under Plugins and Moving Pictures, is looking a bit cleaner. check out the attached

NOTE: I uninstalled StreamedMP and reinstalled and tried out FanArt layout... when i started MP the screen is all black unless the mouse is in a random area and there's a Dexter image. i tried uninstaling and reinstalling but it keeps coming back to this until i reinstalled and UNCHECKED "Use Basic Home"

Attachments

• coraline.jpg
      coraline.jpg
      58.1 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

how can i select Basic Home?

Answer this first, if you start MediaPortal Configuration, click (highlight) General the first option in the main box is Start with basic home, tick the check box to use basic home.

i found the editor mod and followed the https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/mod-fusionmp-streamedmp-aeon-elements-59618/ thread.

i downloaded, and dragged and dropped into the proper directories. (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP on vista 32)

AeonModSupportFiles.zip
    FusionMP_movpics_V2b.rar

and ran Aeon Mod Editor. selected use Aeon graphics, set Available Windows to Basic Home, cleared cache, hit generate, and loaded MP. Said i needed to select image folder for WEATHER, just removed weather to test the thing out, still getting the same old StreamedMP look. it appears as though under Plugins and Moving Pictures, is looking a bit cleaner. check out the attached

You did not really need the FusionMP_movpics but does no harm. The reason you were getting the full menu was because you need to enable basic home as above, will change the editor to check/set that at some point.

The weather issue was due to lack of background selected for weather, just need to select weatherbg from the backgroud dropdown list..something else I will need to defaut.

NOTE: I uninstalled StreamedMP and reinstalled and tried out FanArt layout... when i started MP the screen is all black unless the mouse is in a random area and there's a Dexter image. i tried uninstaling and reinstalling but it keeps coming back to this until i reinstalled and UNCHECKED "Use Basic Home"

What version of StreamedMP, 0.9? and how are you controlling MP, remote or Keyb/Mouse?

Cheers

dmatukian

Portal Member
    September 15, 2009
    after going into config and checking Use Basic Home. the screen gets messed up again... but correct layout. screenshot taken.

I am using StreamedMP .9.601 and MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 - mainly using a StreamZap remote but sometimes the mouse.

Mouse movement causes screen to go completely black unless its moved to the top left of the screen.

selecting movies with the remote brings me to MovingPictures. Selecting TV it just pauses and reloads the current menu screen.

As you can see the graphics seem a little screwey, the trailing S on SETTINGS. what in the world am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
      screen.jpg
      92.3 KB

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    after going into config and checking Use Basic Home. the screen gets messed up again... but correct layout. screenshot taken.

I am using StreamedMP .9.601 and MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 - mainly using a StreamZap remote but sometimes the mouse.

Mouse movement causes screen to go completely black unless its moved to the top left of the screen.

You're not doing a couple things:

You aren't reading the forum.

and

You aren't reading directions in the forum :)

I kid, and I know at first it's a lot of information, but the answers to your problems are all over these forums. The mouse issue, for example - there's a giant sticky post in this forum, at the top, about the black screen/mouse issue, and the bottom line is, that's just the way it is with StreamedMP at the moment. You aren't supposed to use a mouse with it.

The problem in your screenshot is because you didn't follow the Aeon2 directions - you are missing some graphic files you needed to copy over. There's a guy in that thread who has the exact same problem - and posted the same screenshot - as you.

In the end though, your real problem was you weren't using Basichome - there's a checkbox to use it when you first install StreamedMP (could have sworn it defaulted to checked but I may be wrong) and you can also choose it in MePo's configuration itself - it's the very first option under general settings, up top.

We're always happy to help, and by all means ask questions if you have them, but also try searching around a bit too - might save you some time in the end :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Also, it seems from his screen shots that it's a system running a 16:9 skin in 4:3. That will cause some issues as well.

Emph

dmatukian

Portal Member
    September 15, 2009
    woohoo. Got it. thanks gentlemen. Just needed to follow the Basichome (Aeon) Mod and drop in its basichome.xml

So now i can use the AEON MOD EDITOR to change what appears on the basic home? including menu items and the backgrounds?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom