Streamed MP Beta v0.9.601 [02 Sep 2009] [Supports MP 1.1.0 Beta] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Am I the only one, who experiences that the basichome screen is not running as smooth as before??

Before I was using MP 1.0.2 ans StreamedMP 0.8

Great work! It´s really a great improvement! I like the new transparent basichome very much, but it is a bit laggy for me when I scroll trough the items.

^^

Emph

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Am I the only one, who experiences that the basichome screen is not running as smooth as before??

I have no idea why its slower now, maybe there was a change in MediaPortal that now affects the performance or there is something wrong with the skin....either way I will look into it.

I was thinking next build, im going to release a version of the BasicHome that just uses an image control (instead of multiimage) ...this is much faster and will be less memory intensive. Not everyone needs to have multiple images anyway but will give the choice to have either one.

MrLobster

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So one image that has all current "basichome" images on it?

The menublade it self is a full 1280x720 image, even though it only covers 1/3 or the screen (the rest is 100% transparent) so perhaps thats a problem too.

I will export just the blade (414x720), and see if it helps with speed...

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I have no idea why its slower now, maybe there was a change in MediaPortal that now affects the performance or there is something wrong with the skin....either way I will look into it.

I was thinking next build, im going to release a version of the BasicHome that just uses an image control (instead of multiimage) ...this is much faster and will be less memory intensive. Not everyone needs to have multiple images anyway but will give the choice to have either one.

I think it has something todo with the background images. After a complete cycle through all items, the scrolling is smooth again. After 30 seconds, when the new background pictures appear, the scrolling is laggy again.

Maybe there were some changes at loading pictures with 1.1.0.

tig3r025

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2008
    Ljubljana
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    So one image that has all current "basichome" images on it?

The menublade it self is a full 1280x720 image, even though it only covers 1/3 or the screen (the rest is 100% transparent) so perhaps thats a problem too.

I will export just the blade (414x720), and see if it helps with speed...

does it mean 1 image for every plugin ( 1 for mytv, 1 for my pictures, 1 for settings...) or just 1 image for all plugins?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    does it mean 1 image for every plugin ( 1 for mytv, 1 for my pictures, 1 for settings...) or just 1 image for all plugins?
    1 image for each Item...I think its good to have that choice. Ive been playing with it and performance is much better.

DaiC1

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Neath
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Just a bit of a lag here when back-ground picture loads.

Every thing else is ok. Win 7 latest MP beta.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Awesome work, thanks so much for the update. Could someone post screens or videos. I am eager how the changes look like

Done, see first post. I will add a few more later (MovingPictures Default, MyMusic Now Playing, Hidden Menu etc)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For the people that have problems with BasicHome, can you check if you have RSS enabled in MP-RSSTicker plugin and that you have a feed defined?

Im using a new skin property to wrap the text and MediaPortal is not liking it if there is no label defined.

So for now you will need to ensure that you have a feed defined, its enabled and its valid.

OR

Edit BasicHome.xml and remove the line:

Code:
    <wrapString> #rssseparator </wrapString>

I will adjust the conditional visibility property in next version to fix this....will release new version soon. I might well also add support for single image per item on basic home while im at it.

That was the culprit. As soon as the RSS feed was configured everything was visible.
    In case this is so sensitive I propose that there is a default setting for the feed in the setup.

Cheers,

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That was the culprit. As soon as the RSS feed was configured everything was visible.
    In case this is so sensitive I propose that there is a default setting for the feed in the setup.

I will do this for next build, its also nice no have in-case the user is not aware of the plugin settings.

This wasn't the source of the problem, it will only fix the symptom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom