Streamed MP v1.0.3 Stable [15 Apr 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
Re: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.0.3 Stable [15 Apr 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC2+]

Before you uninstall both MediaPortal and StreamedMP move your thumbs (and databases) to the location you want. Re-install MediaPortal RC2 and StreamedMP then edit the MediaPortalDirs.xml file located in your mediaportal program directory.

You want to change the ThumbsDir to point to your desired location.

Thanks Damien, thats great! So does that mean I dont actually have to recreate the databases and thumbs, I can just use the existing data with the new installations? All the notes I read about upgrading from earlier than rc1 say to not reuse databases, but it would be good if I can reuse this data without any issue.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Well I know everything will be fine with the TVSeries database. You probably should start clean with with MediaPortal native plugin databases.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Just installed RC2 with StreamedMP. I wanted to admire the new Now Playing layout, but everytime I select Now Playing it stops playback and throws me back to the main menu. Any idea why this could be?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Oops, sorry bout that. Added a couple of files to the playlist and then it works fine. I get a very hot woman in stockings in the right upper corner. Not complaining, but can I change that picture?
    Edit:
    Wow, it's too late for me to ask questions. I found the Fanart Handler in the plugin section. Scraper is going as we speak.

Edit 2: Ok, with the risk of making a fool out of myself again. I liked the fact that in the last version, when you exited eg the Music menu, Music would be selected in the Basic Home menu. However, we have gone back to always entering the Basic Home on the default (in my case movies). I couldn't find a setting for this in the Menu Editor. Can it be changed?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Edit 2: Ok, with the risk of making a fool out of myself again. I liked the fact that in the last version, when you exited eg the Music menu, Music would be selected in the Basic Home menu. However, we have gone back to always entering the Basic Home on the default (in my case movies). I couldn't find a setting for this in the Menu Editor. Can it be changed?

Look @ picture attached

Attachments

• RememberLastItem.jpg
      RememberLastItem.jpg
      140.4 KB

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yep, that is selected by default, but I still start with Movies when I go back to the home screen.
    By the way, great job on the new version. I postponed updating to the RC's, because everything was working fine. But this version just runs smoother, the fanart for music is amazing and I really like the horizontal bar basic home. Thank you guys for all the work

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Yep, that is selected by default, but I still start with Movies when I go back to the home screen.
    By the way, great job on the new version. I postponed updating to the RC's, because everything was working fine. But this version just runs smoother, the fanart for music is amazing and I really like the horizontal bar basic home. Thank you guys for all the work

Ah...we removed support for last remembered item from the horizontal menus as when you come back to the menu screen thing dont look good.

If you want to try it and see if you live with issue add

<rememberLastFocusedControl>yes</rememberLastFocusedControl>

underneath the line

<disabletopbar>yes</disabletopbar>

at the top of basichome.xml

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

OK, I'll try that. If I don't like it, I guess I'll have to decide what I like most. Horizontal menus or remembering the last item. Tough, tough decisions ;). Thanks again.

BBQmyNUTZ

Portal Member
    January 29, 2006

Is anybody else unable to play a dvd after installing StreamedMP 1.0.3 on Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC2? DVD's play fine on a fresh RC2 install using the default skin by either the "Play Disc" menu item or autoplay... after installing the latest StreamedMP I can't play a DVD at all.

Just uninstalling StreamedMP doesn't solve the problem either, I had to completely remove MP then reinstall it to get DVD playback working again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom