StreamedMP Patches (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a chance to download the patched XMLs manually? e.g. from google page.
    Thanks for your great work! =)

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    @dihoff

Quick question for you, how do you know that MP is running elevated? It is, we know that as it is started from an elevated process.

We are look at ways to ensure this does not happen so really just after background information.

I have sorted the other issue you had with minimise on exit and just have this one left.

Thanks

hi,

thanks for your efforts. i use a keyboard/mouse sharing utility on my laptop/HTPC (synergy), and after MP is restarted i can't get across to my HTPC (from my laptop) like normal. after i physically go over to the HTPC, close MP, and then restart it, come back to my laptop, everything works like normal. i hope that makes sense.

cheers,

dh.

Sorry for digging this up, but is there any progress in the de-elevated execution after an upgrade? My iMon remote, in keyboard mode, does not work under elevated MP. (Plus, I've noticed from other programs that when run elevated and then de-elevated they mess around their local storages ... not sure why)

I've done the de-elevation execution before myself via executables (not sure if it can be done via a dll). I would be more than happy to assist on this.

ScRePt

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2010
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I can see the issue I reported already existed under # 353 on issue tracker.

I've found some time this weekend to give it a try. Test it and let me know.

Technical info for the reviewers of the patch:
    The de-elevation problem goes as this:

Not
    elevated Elevated Elevated again
    ------- ------------- ---------------------
    - MP - ---> - SMPatch - -----> - MP after restart -

Since there is no way of de-elevating a process, as long as SMPatch gets to restart MP, the MP process will always be elevated.
    Since MP needs to be shut down before the patch runs and also the patch needs to be elevated, what I did was to insert a new process (not elevated) in the game (actually reused SMPMediaPortalRestart). The new process runs the patch (which gets elevated) and then runs MP (which is not elevated)

Not Not
    elevated elevated Elevated
    ------- ---------------------------- -------------
    - MP - ---> - SMMediaPortalRestart - ---> - SMPatch -
    ------- ---------------------------- --------------

Not
    Elevated
    ----------------------
    ---> - MP after restart -
    -----------------------

I reused the existing procject because I did not want to create another exe for u guys to distribute. As a result, SMPMediaPortalRestart project now does 2 things: 1. Upgrades MP and 2. Restarts MP. Those 2 can be issued together ofcourse. I had to change the command line parameters' rules to introduce the new functionality

During testing, please don't debug from an elevated VS process as you wont see any difference.

Attachments

• ScRePt_Defect353.patch
      6.9 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can see the issue I reported already existed under # 353 on issue tracker.

I've found some time this weekend to give it a try. Test it and let me know.

[collapse]
    Technical info for the reviewers of the patch:
    The de-elevation problem goes as this:

Not
    elevated Elevated Elevated again
    - MP - ---> - SMPatch - -----> - MP after restart -

Since there is no way of de-elevating a process, as long as SMPatch gets to restart MP, the MP process will always be elevated.
    Since MP needs to be shut down before the patch runs and also the patch needs to be elevated, what I did was to insert a new process (not elevated) in the game (actually reused SMPMediaPortalRestart). The new process runs the patch (which gets elevated) and then runs MP (which is not elevated)

Not Not
    elevated elevated Elevated
    ------- ---------------------------- -------------
    - MP - ---> - SMMediaPortalRestart - ---> - SMPatch -
    ------- ---------------------------- --------------

Not
    Elevated
    ----------------------
    ---> - MP after restart -
    -----------------------

I reused the existing procject because I did not want to create another exe for u guys to distribute. As a result, SMPMediaPortalRestart project now does 2 things: 1. Upgrades MP and 2. Restarts MP. Those 2 can be issued together ofcourse. I had to change the command line parameters' rules to introduce the new functionality

During testing, please don't debug from an elevated VS process as you wont see any difference.
    [/collapse]

Thanks ScRePt, will apply this to our current builds and test - We have just released a patch so will be in the next.

Much appreciated

Cheers

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: Streamed MP v1.4.10 Stable [02 Jan 2011] [Supports MP 1.1.x\1.2 Alpha]

Thanks for hotfix on Infoservice plugin - But the last couple of times I have had some issues when Updates have been released.

-I do not get a pop-up with New update available, I only get the notification in upper left corner.
    -When an update is pending, Live TV seems to have periodic stuttering or lag in rendering. After Update everything runs fine again.
    -Download of the update seems sometimes too be quite slow ~20 KB/sek on my 25/1 Mbit line.

Am I the only one experiencing these thing? Have not included logs, since I have already updated - but will keep notice next time update is available.

-Feature request - Is it possible to do the downloading in the background - why have to wait? :)

/Morten

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Streamed MP v1.4.10 Stable [02 Jan 2011] [Supports MP 1.1.x\1.2 Alpha]

-I do not get a pop-up with New update available, I only get the notification in upper left corner.
    Usually only shows for a couple seconds on BasicHome after startup/resume from standby. If you restart do you see it?

-When an update is pending, Live TV seems to have periodic stuttering or lag in rendering. After Update everything runs fine again.
    Will investigate and get back to you. Please provide logs of that time period if they are handy.

-Download of the update seems sometimes too be quite slow ~20 KB/sek on my 25/1 Mbit line.
    Bad timing I guess, sometimes its fast and sometimes its slow.

-Feature request - Is it possible to do the downloading in the background - why have to wait? :)
    We had talked about this a while back but never got around to adding it yet...sometime down the line we will for sure ;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi,

The first update I got this way worked great. However this currently update doesn't seem to be applying. It downloads to 100% and says its installing but it just sits there and never finishes. To carry on using MP eventually I have to cancel the update. I can then use MP and upon restarting its saying the update is still required..

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
    Batfink

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Not sure TheBatfink, can you try downloading and installing the patch manually: SMPpatch-r2620.exe

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hi TheBatfink,

The obly reason this would happen is if MediaPortal has not fully shutdown, though it should time out 2mins.

As Damien says best to try a manual update and see if there are any problems.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom