StreamedMP skin support for Moving Pictures 1.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    anybody else getting really slow results w/ the new moving pictures and streamedmp?
    the covers are taking very long to load
    and filmstrip mode is very very choppy

Yeah it's doing that for me too. CPU maxs out on one core while using Moving Pictures and things are slugish. I'm using MP beta svn 24281 on Vista 64bit and UAC is on.

It's been like this for a while and not just with the latest Moving Pictures.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does the CPU usage occur in all views e.g. List, Thumbs etc. Does CPU drop when you enter Details view?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does the CPU usage occur in all views e.g. List, Thumbs etc. Does CPU drop when you enter Details view?

CPU usage is high for all views and details.

Ok, so your saying only when in MovingPictures then...CPU returns to normal after exiting?

Please check if you get the same high cpu usage in the Blue3Wide?

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Yeah cpu maxs just within the MovingPictures area and back to normal after returning to home.

Blue3Wide works ok, while cpu usage goes up when scrolling through films it is npt to the same extent as Streamed.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Yeah cpu maxs just within the MovingPictures area and back to normal after returning to home.

Blue3Wide works ok, while cpu usage goes up when scrolling through films it is npt to the same extent as Streamed.

ditto. framerate is very low, there's definitely something going on w/ moving pictures and streamedmp.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

ditto. framerate is very low, there's definitely something going on w/ moving pictures and streamedmp.

When you stop moving, will cpu return to normal? Doesn't make sense Details view would take a hit.

Try renaming the movingpictures.mediainfo.xml file, that is possibly the cause of the CPU usage but only when browsing.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    As soon as I enter into the MovingPictures area cpu usage goes right up and just stays high and this is without doing any browsing.

Renaming the movingpictures.mediainfo.xml has certainly perked up browsing speed.

Just noticed that without that xml and on entering the MovingPictures area and without browsing cpu usage is less but still high. That first screen with catagory selection list and fanart bg will max the cpu with that xml on and cpu will be about 60/70% with it off.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    As soon as I enter into the MovingPictures area cpu usage goes right up and just stays high and this is without doing any browsing.

Renaming the movingpictures.mediainfo.xml has certainly perked up browsing speed.

Just noticed that without that xml and on entering the MovingPictures area and without browsing cpu usage is less but still high. That first screen with catagory selection list and fanart bg will max the cpu with that xml on and cpu will be about 60/70% with it off.

Ok, please open an issue on the tracker to discuss this further. Thankyou for testing

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Ok, please open an issue on the tracker to discuss this further. Thankyou for testing

Thanks for listening :D

I'm fairly new to MP (hi first post tonight) so I'll have a look at the tracker stuff over the next day or two.

Just a final note: I had noticed similar behavior with previous version of MovingPics but I was going to wait until I was fully familiar with MePo before reporting....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom