StreamedMP skin support for Moving Pictures 1.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgeOfPanic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2008
    Milwaukee, WI
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Edit: just a suggestion. I feel that the menu where you choose All Movies or Unwatched Movies etc doesn't match the rest of the menus. Wouldn't it be nice if you would have a slide out menu to the right in the basic home (kind of like X-factor), where you can choose which filter you want to go to? If you just hit OK on the Moving Picture, it could take you to a standard filter like All Movies or Recently Added. Have no experience with skinning, so don't know how hard it would be to implement this. Just a thought.

Just wanted to kick this up to see what other people think of this and more importantly the developers.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I agree. I would take it out all together and just put it in a seperate menu somewhere.

chrut

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2008
    [...] we could consider coming up with different icon packs. So instead of Textual ones we could provide a more graphical appearance.

Sounds very interesting, I think it would look good.

The advantage of the way we have it now is that its very flexible and easy to create new ones. Also, each logo is consistent in looks.
    You could consider to use the black nonglas theme included with this logo package, since the look of each logo is consistent throughout and this will surely save some time. I tested this and it looks very nice, though it will need some optimizing.

Either way, I'm enjoying the heck out of the skin and this isn't really an issue. But your suggestion would make StreamedMP look even better, perhaps it would be wise to just check it out and see how you like it.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yeah cpu maxs just within the MovingPictures area and back to normal after returning to home.

Blue3Wide works ok, while cpu usage goes up when scrolling through films it is npt to the same extent as Streamed.

ditto. framerate is very low, there's definitely something going on w/ moving pictures and streamedmp.

When you stop moving, will cpu return to normal? Doesn't make sense Details view would take a hit.

Try renaming the movingpictures.mediainfo.xml file, that is possibly the cause of the CPU usage but only when browsing.

I thought I had a bit choppy filmstrip view so decided to try this trick but this file does not exists in my skin/streamedMP folder?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I thought I had a bit choppy filmstrip view so decided to try this trick but this file does not exists in my skin/streamedMP folder?
    Sorry, its only split out in that separate file for the Fanart Style...in the default style the logos for each view are defined in its own xml e.g movingpictures.filmstrip.xml. so if you want to remove it from filmstrip view then you need to edit that file and delete the logo controls from it.

Regarding the performance though, it should be better in the next MediaPortal svn as there has been some significant speed improvements apparently.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry, its only split out in that separate file for the Fanart Style...in the default style the logos for each view are defined in its own xml e.g movingpictures.filmstrip.xml. so if you want to remove it from filmstrip view then you need to edit that file and delete the logo controls from it.

Regarding the performance though, it should be better in the next MediaPortal svn as there has been some significant speed improvements apparently.

Aha... OK.
    I will try. Since I am on 1.0.2 I don't see the logo's anyway :)
    Waiting for 1.1.0 final, or possibly RC1 until I reinstall.
    I am quite happy with my current setup and don't want too much beta. (But I could'nt resist moving pictures 1.0 beta of course :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So, why is the non fanart version recommended in the first post?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So, why is the non fanart version recommended in the first post?

Because its a mod, and some functionality is missing e.g Currently applied Category/Filter. Most changes to the Mod is one generate behind the Default. The Fanart Style was Mattsk88 skin design, and he no longer works on the skin. I try to do my best keeping it up to date though.

Also the Default style I think is more polished, I personally use that one and spend more time improving it. But at the end of the day its a personal choice for everyone so choose what you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom