Support for .nfo files | Page 5

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by azzuro, January 17, 2016.

1. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,494 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    It makes no sense, they are very specific. And will be used only in 1% of cases. And then not always. I have a lot of rules for Russian series. And each rule applies for one of the two series. There is also a replacement rules that simplify the work of imports.
    But it all individually. And MP1 allows me to set it up.
    I know the answer. It's impossible! :) Since the application server is not one he is going to add.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,593 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    I never add NFO or Metatags by hand. There are tons of tools out there that are doing this automatically. Some of them even while copying the videos into the media library

And this all is done without any "hand work"??? I don't think so. You need to write this rules by yourself and need to completely understand how regex is working. This is way too complicated for an average user.

Imagine the dev of TVSeries decide to stop working on it... So you suddenly do not have any series support in MP1 any longer. Bad, isn't it? Happend some years ago with FanartHandler and LatestMediaHandler as cul8er has left...

No problem, easy task with .nfo files.

I don't want it to go down to the level of MP1.

The first is definitely not true, the later is only a matter of taste and is a thing of the used skin. If you don't like the MP2 skins go ahead and make your own as I have done. As you are able to write such complicated regex rules a skin should be no issue for your skills.

This simply is not true. You would need to rewrite the whole MP1 source code if you want to do things that are normal in MP2... And then you do not have MP1 any longer...

This also can not be true... MP1 need a lot of configuration before you can use it.

Maybe you should have read a few lines. MP2 is straight forward to setup. Once you have configured TV Server (same as in MP1, so you should be able to do it), 90% of setup is done...

Half! but the other half are the issue. You need to rewrite all plugins, and you still need a monster SQL server (that is a complete overdose for such a simple task)... And, has this patch made it really into the main MP1??? I thought it was a "private" attempt.

This also can not be true as Kodi is using a different database structure and Kodi also has no good support for central database. It's a hack there too... A real central database is available in MP2, Emby and Plex but not in MP1 or Kodi...

Where is the problem??? You have TV cards on the NAS? No, if so you also can not use MP1 TV Server. So you install MP2 server on the system with TV cards and client only on the other machines. Finished. Five minutes thing. No MySQL needed at all. Media files on your NAS are accessed from MP2-Server over samba and you're done.

4. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +3,983 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    For information, MP2 server can use existing MySQL DB, i use it for have MP1 Client on MP2 Server ( at least for TV) . ;)

5. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +3,593 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Only for TV and also only if you add an extra plugin to the MP2 server. But it is not needed in any way. MP2 is working perfect (and a lot faster) without MySQL.

6. azzuro
    • Team MediaPortal

azzuro Test Group

technician HVAC
    Ratings:
    +3,983 / 13
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    why ? i use MP2-Server without extra plugin. only modify the gentle.config for have same setting than previous MP1 setup. nothing else. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,494 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    For example? To support was Russian metadata? I do not copy anything in the media library.I upload files directly into it.
    Once set up, more than 3 years have not touched.
    None but the file. And the do not need them. Only clog up the disk space.
    I do it when the MP2 will be convenient to use.
    If commands are not divided, all would be ready. And it would be a product that is acceptable to all.
    Installs, add folders and watch movies. The MP2 so I did not. It is my experience. And the experience of my friends. The result is all the same. Quick start with MP1 and an unsuccessful attempt to start with MP2.
    I do not watch TV. And I do not use the TV server.
    This is not true. MP1 easier.
    You had to write a system from scratch, rewrite plug-ins, etc. The MP1 not all plug-ins require a central database. For example FanartHandler. :D
    This does not prevent more than 3 years work Kodi, with MySQL at my house. Synchronization can be done safely on the side of the MySQL server. As soon as MySQL support will be added to the working MP1. Synchronization to do is not a problem.
    No.
    No computer with a TV card.
    No. Since there is no place to install the application server MP2.

PS: I am a programmer will tell you that everything seems simple and obvious to the developer can be absolutely incomprehensible to the user and cause him great difficulty.

8. Lehmden
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +3,593 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Why not??? If you can install MP1 Client you also can install MP2 server on this system...

TinyMediaManager, Ember MediaManager, MKV-Buddy,... The list is endless.

This is my last posting here, I'm out. it's way to bizarre here for my taste.

9. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,494 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    There is no a computer that is always on. Only the NAS. Put the server for each client? How to be a central database?
    Do not support the Russian for Movies. Only series. But TV series, and so great imort. But it's still a crutch. Media portal has to do it himself, without the use of third-party utilities.

10. aspik
    • Team MediaPortal

aspik Development Group

Ratings:
    +577 / 1
    If you setup this and this right, then you don’t have to deal with .NFO (and other metadata like posters thumbs, etc.) at all. Everything will be automatically generated and copied where you want.
    C’mon, how much does an NFO weight? This is really not an argument against NFO ;)

11. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,494 / 29
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    They do not work with my torrent trackers :) and I have at the moment, and so everything is automated. Download automatically. MP1 detects the downloaded files are also automatically.
    I'm old. I do not like the trash when you view a directory with video. I also do not use explorer :) I find it easier to use the old man:
    upload_2016-1-19_13-21-48.png

• Funny Funny x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!