Support for .nfo files (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Ok, than we can make it shorter: can you please post the regex that matches this pattern, I can simply add it to SeriesMDE.
    It makes no sense, they are very specific. And will be used only in 1% of cases. And then not always. I have a lot of rules for Russian series. And each rule applies for one of the two series. There is also a replacement rules that simplify the work of imports.
    But it all individually. And MP1 allows me to set it up.
    This would be a good question to post in an own discussion thread
    I know the answer. It's impossible! :) Since the application server is not one he is going to add.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    NFO and metadata must be added by hand.
    I never add NFO or Metatags by hand. There are tons of tools out there that are doing this automatically. Some of them even while copying the videos into the media library

I have a lot of rules for Russian series. And each rule applies for one of the two series. There is also a replacement rules that simplify the work of imports.
    But it all individually.
    And this all is done without any "hand work"??? I don't think so. You need to write this rules by yourself and need to completely understand how regex is working. This is way too complicated for an average user.

I do not see anything wrong with that,
    Imagine the dev of TVSeries decide to stop working on it... So you suddenly do not have any series support in MP1 any longer. Bad, isn't it? Happend some years ago with FanartHandler and LatestMediaHandler as cul8er has left...

"...\Series\Физрук - Fizruk\Fizruk-2.2014.SATRip\Fizruk-2.Seriya.01.SATRip.avi"
    No problem, easy task with .nfo files.

I was hoping that MP2 can bring to the level of MP1.
    I don't want it to go down to the level of MP1.

but is faster and the interface is more beautiful.
    The first is definitely not true, the later is only a matter of taste and is a thing of the used skin. If you don't like the MP2 skins go ahead and make your own as I have done. As you are able to write such complicated regex rules a skin should be no issue for your skills.

All that is done in MP2 can be easily done in the MP 1
    This simply is not true. You would need to rewrite the whole MP1 source code if you want to do things that are normal in MP2... And then you do not have MP1 any longer...

But MP1 works fine immediately after installation.
    This also can not be true... MP1 need a lot of configuration before you can use it.

I was not able to adjust to MP2
    Maybe you should have read a few lines. MP2 is straight forward to setup. Once you have configured TV Server (same as in MP1, so you should be able to do it), 90% of setup is done...

This is generally not a problem, half MP1, already supports MySQL,
    Half! but the other half are the issue. You need to rewrite all plugins, and you still need a monster SQL server (that is a complete overdose for such a simple task)... And, has this patch made it really into the main MP1??? I thought it was a "private" attempt.

If using MySQL you can make the synchronization MP and Kodi.
    This also can not be true as Kodi is using a different database structure and Kodi also has no good support for central database. It's a hack there too... A real central database is available in MP2, Emby and Plex but not in MP1 or Kodi...

5 thin HTPC & 1 NAS (Linux, MySQL, All media files) - How to install 2 MP?
    Where is the problem??? You have TV cards on the NAS? No, if so you also can not use MP1 TV Server. So you install MP2 server on the system with TV cards and client only on the other machines. Finished. Five minutes thing. No MySQL needed at all. Media files on your NAS are accessed from MP2-Server over samba and you're done.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Where is the problem??? You have TV cards on the NAS? No, if so you also can not use MP1 TV Server. So you install MP2 server on the system with TV cards and client only on the other machines. Finished. Five minutes thing. No MySQL needed at all. Media files on your NAS are accessed from MP2-Server over samba and you're done.
    For information, MP2 server can use existing MySQL DB, i use it for have MP1 Client on MP2 Server ( at least for TV) . ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There are tons of tools out there that are doing this automatically. Some of them even while copying the videos into the media library
    For example? To support was Russian metadata? I do not copy anything in the media library.I upload files directly into it.
    And this all is done without any "hand work"??? I don't think so. You need to write this rules by yourself and need to completely understand how regex is working. This is way too complicated for an average user.
    Once set up, more than 3 years have not touched.
    No problem, easy task with .nfo files.
    None but the file. And the do not need them. Only clog up the disk space.
    If you don't like the MP2 skins go ahead and make your own as I have done. As you are able to write such complicated regex rules a skin should be no issue for your skills.
    I do it when the MP2 will be convenient to use.
    This simply is not true. You would need to rewrite the whole MP1 source code if you want to do things that are normal in MP2... And then you do not have MP1 any longer...
    If commands are not divided, all would be ready. And it would be a product that is acceptable to all.
    This also can not be true... MP1 need a lot of configuration before you can use it.
    Installs, add folders and watch movies. The MP2 so I did not. It is my experience. And the experience of my friends. The result is all the same. Quick start with MP1 and an unsuccessful attempt to start with MP2.
    Once you have configured TV Server (same as in MP1, so you should be able to do it), 90% of setup is done...
    I do not watch TV. And I do not use the TV server.
    MP2 is straight forward to setup
    This is not true. MP1 easier.
    You need to rewrite all plugins, and you still need a monster SQL server
    You had to write a system from scratch, rewrite plug-ins, etc. The MP1 not all plug-ins require a central database. For example FanartHandler. :D
    This also can not be true as Kodi is using a different database structure and Kodi also has no good support for central database.
    This does not prevent more than 3 years work Kodi, with MySQL at my house. Synchronization can be done safely on the side of the MySQL server. As soon as MySQL support will be added to the working MP1. Synchronization to do is not a problem.
    Where is the problem??? You have TV cards on the NAS?
    No.
    So you install MP2 server on the system with TV cards and client only on the other machines.
    No computer with a TV card.
    Five minutes thing. No MySQL needed at all. Media files on your NAS are accessed from MP2-Server over samba and you're done.
    No. Since there is no place to install the application server MP2.

PS: I am a programmer will tell you that everything seems simple and obvious to the developer can be absolutely incomprehensible to the user and cause him great difficulty.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No. Since there is no place to install the application server MP2.
    Why not??? If you can install MP1 Client you also can install MP2 server on this system...

For example? To support was Russian metadata?
    TinyMediaManager, Ember MediaManager, MKV-Buddy,... The list is endless.

This is my last posting here, I'm out. it's way to bizarre here for my taste.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If you can install MP1 Client you also can install MP2 server on this system...
    There is no a computer that is always on. Only the NAS. Put the server for each client? How to be a central database?
    TinyMediaManager, Ember MediaManager, MKV-Buddy
    Do not support the Russian for Movies. Only series. But TV series, and so great imort. But it's still a crutch. Media portal has to do it himself, without the use of third-party utilities.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    No one I know of a tracker does not give files with metadata and NFO. Until this change, this can be neglected.
    If you setup this and this right, then you don’t have to deal with .NFO (and other metadata like posters thumbs, etc.) at all. Everything will be automatically generated and copied where you want.
    None but the file. And the do not need them. Only clog up the disk space.
    C’mon, how much does an NFO weight? This is really not an argument against NFO ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If you setup this and this right, then you don’t have to deal with .NFO
    They do not work with my torrent trackers :) and I have at the moment, and so everything is automated. Download automatically. MP1 detects the downloaded files are also automatically.
    C’mon, how much does an NFO weight? This is really not an argument against NFO
    I'm old. I do not like the trash when you view a directory with video. I also do not use explorer :) I find it easier to use the old man:
    upload_2016-1-19_13-21-48.png

Users who are viewing this thread