Teletext subtitles (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I have updated the zip file of my last post. The font size is now 80% of the maximum height, and I reverted a modification in calculation of the width of the text. Since I can only check if the height of the size is definitely small enough, I was thinking about a configuration option for this. So that you can define a percentage of the maximum height of the font. What do you think?
    The new version contains also a bugfix for the hidden mode.

Regards,
    MisterD

Throt

Portal Member
    March 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

Now you can see the letter "M". I think it sounds like a good idea to make it configurable, then you can decide for yourself how big you want the subs to be.

Rgds
    Throt

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    thanks for testing the new version.
    I will create the patch now with such an option and post it on sourceforge. I will create a patch for TVE3 too.

Regards,
    MisterD

Throt

Portal Member
    March 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    Have you found a way to be able to update the pages more often than ~1s on TVE3 ?

Rgds
    Throt

Makaronen

Portal Member
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi !

First i must say great work to you all who spend time on this feature...

I got TVE3 with the SVN 151610...

What files do i need ?
    Where can i find them ?
    How do i install them ?

Thanks

//M

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I submitted a patch for TVE2 and TVE3 to sourceforge. The patch can be found here

Have you found a way to be able to update the pages more often than ~1s on TVE3 ?
    Yes and no. As mentioned in earlier posts it is possible to trigger an event on the client side from the server. This would fix the problem. But this has some disadvantages and isn't easy to implement.
    The filter solution is a lot of coding and currently I'm still trying to compile the filters of TVE3 myself.
    IMHO the fastest and easiest solution is to modify TsWriter/MPFileWriter and TsReader. First the TsWriter/MPFileWriter has to be modified to store the teletext stream in the ts files. When the teletext stream is available in the ts file, it should be possible to create a callback like the TsWriter already have for teletext. Then we could use the existing rendering and cache functions of TVE2 and/or TVE3. This can also easily be extended for a better integration in the client.

Hi !

First i must say great work to you all who spend time on this feature...

I got TVE3 with the SVN 151610...

What files do i need ?
    Where can i find them ?
    How do i install them ?

Thanks

//M
    Currently you don't need any special files, because everything is in the TVServer. But there is still no real support for subtitles. You can only activate the teletext module and select the specific page.

Regards,
    MisterD

Makaronen

Portal Member
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK Thank you....

I now got text on Channel + , But only when have the hole text tv screen in full size...
    How do i get only subtitle and TV picture ?
    And your patch what directory should i copy the files to ?
    I have TVE3 Server...

Have a nice day thank you !

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you activate teletext in full screen you should see only the subtitles in a box. You can turn the transparency for the background on, by pressing "T" or assigning a remote key to the desired action.

The patch contains only the modified sources. If you want to use it, you have to download the sources, apply the modified sources and compile MP, TVPlugin and TVServer by yourself. There are several components of the whole systems which have been modified.

MisterD

Makaronen

Portal Member
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you for your help Misterd....

I will do so...
    Is it still 15 sec delay for the TVE3 ?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your help Misterd....

I will do so...
    Is it still 15 sec delay for the TVE3 ?
    I wouldn't call this a delay. The subtitles were only updated every 15 seconds.
    But I got an idea how it could be improved very simple. Unfortunately this idea would only reduce the minimum update interval to ~1 sec and doesn't mean that they are updated directly when they arrive like in TVE2.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread