Test the new API-version (1 Viewer)

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Im confused... what is exactly this "API"? is a new version of TVseries or a beta being tested? where can I download it and how to install?
    TY
    NP, I found it and Im testing it now
    You can download from here:
    SourceForge.net Repository - [mp-tvseries] Log of /trunk/MP-TVSeries/bin/release/MP-TVSeries.dll

Yes, it's a beta. I have found some little troubles:
    1/ The word "unwatched" it's shown not in the right place when you are in the episodes screen
    2/ Some blank season pictures are shown when spanish lenguaje

The rest is working all right.

1/ This is probely no bug in the plugin itself. I gues you using a old skin file not adapted to the new version.

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Im confused... what is exactly this "API"? is a new version of TVseries or a beta being tested? where can I download it and how to install?
    TY
    Just FYI... an API is an "application programming interface" and means the interface through which the plugin is talking to the database from TheTVDB.com. So speaking in correct terms you cannot download an API. The issue behind this is that TheTVDB.com has reworked their API so the plugin has to be changed so that it still can fetch the data from their website. Therefore inker released a new (beta) version of his plugin which uses the new API. The old API (and therefore the non-beta plugin) still is working, but it won't be supported for ever... in addition there are some bugs (like mixed up character encodings) in the old API.

best regards
    Wolf

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ...Therefore inker released a new (beta) version of his plugin which uses the new API...

And where can we find that new beta of the plug in to download?
    I'm afraid i'm still working with the old one, so i have some troubles with the new API... :oops:

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok, then i'm working with the right one. But i have this two little problems
    The word "unwatched" it's shown not in the right place when you are in the episodes screen
    and Some blank season pictures are shown when spanish lenguaje

nobody else?

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, then i'm working with the right one. But i have this two little problems
    The word "unwatched" it's shown not in the right place when you are in the episodes screen
    and Some blank season pictures are shown when spanish lenguaje

nobody else?

The unwatched problem must be that the skinfile is not up to date with the SVN version. I dont think i have seen a BlueTwo Wide version. I remember spuck make a updated version for Monochrome i think. But i can not find it any more.
    What i do know is that SpinSafe 1080 has a working screen for the new SVN version.

The blank season banner problem maybee is a bug. But what you could do is to check the TVSeries configuration if the blank banners checkbox is ticked.

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    1-I have the same problem as LXTR: My TVseries isnt downloading season banner(except for prison break). My skin is xface and I have also the spanish language chosen.I have selected "Display random banners" and "Download blank series and Season banners" in the configuration.
    In the Details section, in each season, I can select manually the banner in the dropdown menu

2-Any comment about my subtitles suggestion??

Silk73

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    (z3us) Disable : Display Random Banner, fix the problem in my case.

For inker: In the last release you have disable the download of the subtitle, this function
    Will be permanently removed in a future release?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom