Testbuilds for MP1 / TVE35 (2 Viewers)

husmoaschta

Portal Pro
August 15, 2010
Home Country
Austria Austria
Ahhhh! Now I understand (maybe ...). It's cloning now. Thank you!

Is it right, that I don't have to download .NET SDK and Win8 SDK, because they're included in VisualStudio Express ?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys, just for me;

I can't find alot about 'TVE3.5'. Will this be the next gen TV server for MP 1/2 or something like that?

Is there a central place with info about it?

Really sory for this interuption!!

momeijer

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Thanks for opening this specific thread. I hope it is suitable for my question(s).

I have compiled this branch for a while now and the same problem (for me) keeps returning. MpeInstaller.exe and MpeMaker.exe both crash.

As non-developer I pinpointed a location in the code whereby commenting some variables (tempdir & fontsdir) out, it seems to run without crashing. Off course this is not a proper solution.

I have logs attached, including the compile and install log. Also included some screenshots of event viewer message, VS debug screen and MpeInstaller crash. I hope this will contribute in any way. Personally I am eager to know what the problem is because I cannot solve it myself although I've tried several times. I'm using Windows 8 x64.

Attachments

• logging and screens.zip
      146.1 KB

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys, just for me;

I can't find alot about 'TVE3.5'. Will this be the next gen TV server for MP 1/2 or something like that?

Is there a central place with info about it?

Really sory for this interuption!!

You can find more information on the internal forrum (tvengine).
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tve3-5-experimental-branch-fork-net4.101157/
    We are talking here about sebastiii's experimental branch
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-TVE3.5_SEB_MERGE_Testing_Only

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi @Sebastiii,

I have your branch (EXP TVE3.5_SEB_MERGE_Testing_Only) and gibman's branch (EXP-TVE3.5-MP1-MP2-AsyncTuning) merged.
    This works quite well.
    But as momeijer already said, MpeInstaller.exe does not work, the plugins in the tvserver (xmltv. ..) also do not work.
    If you find some time, can you see whether you find a solution for this.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :)
    I notice some issue for me (didn't remember what issue) not sure it was fully related to AsyncTuning.
    About MpeInstaller.exe, i don't know how to fix it :(

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi peeps,

Just wondering: anyone interrested to create an installer based on TVE35 and the latest master of MP1? Would be nice to check this out to see how far everything actualy is..:)

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have tried to merge sebastiii's branch with master but failed, sebastiii's branch is build on MP 1.3 Beta.
    So if @Sebastiii could merge his build with master.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think that not possible right now, to many change was done in TVE3 side and that need to be ported to TVE35.
    I can try to only update MP side but not sure when :(

Users who are viewing this thread