Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (1 Viewer)

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so i have tested too

Service scan result for astra 19,2° is 732 Services for tv with the Telestar Digibit r1 shoult be the same as orac has
    with firmeware V1.16.0.120

preview in Setuptv and Mp2 working

have for both scan and preview Wireshark captures 35 Mb and 15 Mb should it be needed
    Scan Capture
    Preview Capture

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Setup must have the pids Parameter
    and there can it be all or numbers
    Hmmm, the specification is not really clear about this. If the problem is really that pids needs to be present in the SETUP request then surely the SAT>IP server should return non-OK result code? The logs and wireshark trace show that the SETUP (and PLAY) result code is OK, so I don't think this is really the problem... but of course it is easy to add pids to SETUP.

mm1352000 if you want the Client certification paper from SES ?
    Yes please. :)

Looking at the wireshark trace, the thing that stands out to me is this:
    upload_2014-9-24_11-11-30.png

We see the normal sequence: SETUP, OK, PLAY, OK... and then RTP + RTCP start to arrive. No problem with that.
    However pay close attention to the time between the PLAY OK response and the arrival of the first RTCP packet. It seems to be ~1 second... but the specification says:
    Please note that when no signal is being received, the signal is being lost, or no PID is available, the SAT>IP server shall nevertheless issue an empty RTP packet at least every 100ms (accompanied by an RTCP announcement stream).
    The RTCP stream becomes available as soon as the RTP stream starts playing.
    RTCP should provide 5 updates of the reception parameters per second. The RTCP stream shall also be available in the presence of empty RTP packets i.e. when no satellite signal is being received.

My interpretation of the standard would be that this SAT>IP should start sending RTCP (and empty RTP) as soon as it gets the PLAY request. Instead there is ~800 ms after the PLAY response where zero packets are sent.

Kay, do you think that is non-compliant... or normal/okay?

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Setup and with Pids is in every message flow from SES and in the code in oder Projects so i think it should be there with other words there set it to 0 or all
    and specifc it in Play

to paper i send you an pm in an other Forum think you know wich i mean

the spec says
    The PLAY message starts the delivery of the actual RTP and RTCP data streams into the session. From that
    point onwards RTP and RTCP packets will be delivered to the destination IP address.
    The content of the delivered data depends on the actual tuning process. If the media stream object was fully
    and correctly defined in the SETUP and PLAY process, the requested satellite data will be available. If
    however no signal is available, the signal is lost or the media object was not correctly defined (e.g. no PIDs
    available), the server will nevertheless deliver an empty RTP packet (not containing a TS packet) every 100
    ms. The RTCP data stream will also be available in parallel and indicate the data and signal characteristics.

i understand it so that rtp and rtcp at same time starts not one first

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    to paper i send you an pm in an other Forum
    Yep, I know what you mean. :)
    You can also send me the PM here. I've enabled it temporarily.

i understand it so that rtp and rtcp at same time starts not one first
    Mmm, yes - I agree that is one purpose, but I still don't understand why there should be a delay of ~800 ms between PLAY response and the first RTP and RTCP packets. If the tuner is tuning that is okay, but I would still expect to receive the empty RTP packets every 100 ms and the RTCP packets to indicate no signal/lock yet.

Anyhow - it is no big issue. :)
    We can easily work around this with two small changes:
    1. Move pids from PLAY to SETUP.
    2. Allow more time for the RTCP packets to start arriving.
    Thanks for your comments! :)

orac

Portal Member
    November 20, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Capture using VLC Media Player.
    upload_2014-9-24_12-18-5.png

The RTCP response here is almost immediate. They have OPTIONS and DESCRIBE before SETUP and PLAY.
    Also, channel changing is very quick.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    orac can you please try this attached Version

it use the same Rtcp Reception Details code how MediaPortal instead the rtsp Describe

with some luck can we nail down the Problem

Attachments

• SatIp Rtsp Sample Rtcp.zip
      586.3 KB

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    orac can you please try this attached Version

it use the same Rtcp Reception Details code how MediaPortal instead the rtsp Describe

with some luck can we nail down the Problem

orac has me answer that the custom build of RtspSample with rtcp reception Infos works too
    but now is the question from where Comes the Problem ? Directshow Source Filter ?

Griffo

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Can someone quickly clarify for me what the EPG status of this build is? I'm using DVB-T with 8 tuners on Win8.1

I tried the XMLTV plugin but it never fetches the data, clicking the "grab now" button does nothing.
    Similarly when I configure the DVB EGP grabber, it just does nothing, even when I try to force it.
    Lastly, when running the tv setup util, it's always in restricted mode for some reason. Is this normal or could that be the root of my problems?

Actually watching TV works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom