Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can reproduce a SetupTv crash on my Server while scanning channels. It seems to crash on the 682000 frequency all the time (and doesn't when i remove that frequency from the tuningparameters .xml).
    SetupTv_Crash.JPG

Several reasons for the crash according to System logs (in order from first to last), although i expect the last 2 errors to be caused by the 3rd (Service terminated).
    CrashLog.JPG
    CrashLog1.JPG CrashLog2.JPG CrashLog3.JPG
    CrashLog4.JPG CrashLog5.JPG

Attachments

• The Netherlands.Ziggo NID 9001.xml
      4.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for testing and reporting Jeroen! (y)
    The details show the crash is caused by TsWriter. I suspect there is some kind of bug in one of the parsers... but it is not clear which parser is failing.
    Can you please post a short (~60 seconds) TS dump from that multiplex, excluding all video and audio PIDs to keep the size as small as possible (otherwise I can't afford to download it on my 10 GB per month cap).

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you please post a short (~60 seconds) TS dump from that multiplex, excluding all video and audio PIDs to keep the size as small as possible (otherwise I can't afford to download it on my 10 GB per month cap).
    That should be possible (after a readup on the HowTo) ;)

Just so i'm sure i'm doing it right:
    Start SetupTv with debugoptions, tick both boxes, and do a manual scan on that frequency?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Creating a TS dump is the same as with TVE 3:
    But how can i start timeshifting on a channel from that transponder when it's not added? (First time making TS Dump...)

** EDIT **
    Just tried to make a dump with the TVE install, and i get the message that channel is scrambled. After checking all channels on that transponder, it seems i don't have a subscription for them.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You could create a channel manually, or use TVE 3 to create the dump.

If this all seems too hard then let me make it as simple as I possibly can. ;)

Stop the MP2 Server.
    Download and extract the attached TsWriter.ax into your server Native TV plugin folder. Make sure to take a backup of the original TsWriter.ax before replacing (!!!).
    Start the MP2 Server.
    Scan only 682 MHz (remove the other frequencies from your tuning parameter file, or do a single frequency manual scan).
    After the scan completes you should find an "sidump.ts" file in the root of the c drive (ie. c:\sidump.ts).
    Zip that file and attach it here.

Attachments

• TsWriter_[TVE35_SI_packet_dump].zip
      130.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, there is a lot of SI on that transmitter. The 20 second dump wasn't complete. Sorry, but can you please repeat with the SDT/VCT timeout (TV Server config, general section, scan tab) set to 60 seconds. Please restart MP2 Server after changing the setting in order to make sure it is applied.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, but can you please repeat with the SDT/VCT timeout (TV Server config, general section, scan tab) set to 60 seconds. Please restart MP2 Server after changing the setting in order to make sure it is applied.
    Sure, attached.

Attachments

• sidump2.zip
      1 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I'm sorry but I'm not able to reproduce the crash. :(
    I note that the second dump seems to be identical in size to the original. That is very unexpected. I'd have expected it to be about three times the size of the original if the SDT/VCT timeout change was applied properly.

Can you reproduce the crash if you scan only 682 MHz with the original TsWriter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom