Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @HomeY
    Apologies for the delayed response.

OK. Anything else you need?
    In short, the answer is that the only thing that would help is a dump that I can use to reproduce the crash. I expect/expected a bigger dump would help with this. It puzzles me that the larger SDT/VCT timeout is not producing a bigger dump... so I'm not really sure where to go from here. I guess it would help to double check the setting is correctly applied.

If you can't get a bigger dump then then only thing I can think of is to use trial and error to find the crash source. We'd do by testing with successive TsWriter builds which disable certain parsers or parser sections until we find the source of the problem. This could be quite time consuming for both of us, but most likely we would eventually find the cause.
    Are you willing and able to go down this path?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Is it possible to dump with TVE3 and/or with DVBViewer tool, i don't remember the name but i think it can dump something (not sure @ 100% lol)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible to dump with TVE3 and/or with DVBViewer tool,
    Yes and yes. :)
    Problem is:
    1. My internet cap is 10 GB per month, so I can't afford to be downloading 200+ MB TS dumps.
    2. HomeY said he'd never created a TS dump before, so best to keep the process simple.

i don't remember the name but i think it can dump something
    It is called TransEdit. :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :)
    So best way would be to take remote control for a quick test :)
    Better to build you current branch for testing ?
    Or better to ask when branch is based on to make it debug more easy :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In short, the answer is that the only thing that would help is a dump that I can use to reproduce the crash.
    That i understand ;) I've given it another go and just to make sure i didn't miss anything, i'll sum up the results here:

Using your modified TsWriter file:
    Triple checked the SDT/VCT setting and it's set to 60 seconds.
    Started a manual channel scan on the 682000 frequency, which just ends after little less than 20 seconds, with the attached dump as result.
    So that still ends 'premature'.
    SDT-VCT.JPG 682000.JPG

Creating TsDump with TVE3.5:
    Stopped MP2 Server, restored original TsWriter.ax and started MP2 Server again.
    Started SetupTV and enabled both the dump option under 'Debug Options', left the SDT/VCT to 60 and restarted MP2 Server again.
    Manually added a channel from Transponder 7 (AljazeeraEnglish in this testcase)
    Transponder7.JPG All channels on this transponder
    AljazeeraEnglish.JPG Configuration of channel

Started Timeshifting, but there is no rawpaketdump.ts created.
    StartTimeshifting.JPG NoRawpaketdump.JPG

Creating TsDump with TVE3:
    Started SetupTV and enabled the 'Dump raw TS' option. Restarted the TV Service (from manual control) after enabling this.
    SDT/VCT here also set to 60 secs just to be sure.
    Went into Manual Control, selected the 'Ajazeera English' channel and hit 'Start TimeShift'.
    Here again, there is now rawpaketdump.ts created.
    TVE3Timeshift.JPG

No clue why i don't get the tsdumps, maybe related to my OS (Server 2012 R2)?

Are you willing and able to go down this path?
    If that's the only way to get this fix, then let's do it, although i can understand that there are more important things to get fixed first. I can work around this problem by simply skipping scanning on this transponder/frequency. It seems to be the only frequency that causes issues, and i don't have a subscription for those channels, so i'm not missing out on anything. ;)

If TransEdit is another way to get a dump for you, then i can have a look at that also, and Seb can probably help me with that also.

Attachments

• sidump.zip
      1 MB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think CAM return that it can't decrypt the stream, so the dump is too short.
    I'm not 100% sure but will try to see how get a dump with transedit (refreshing memory lol)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom