Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What do you think of the attachment?
    That's a crash, captain! :D
    I'll look into this... :)

To follow up on your previous post...
    Using your modified TsWriter file:
    I understand why this is happening now. The scanner is using the default value and not being told to read the actual value.
    As Homer Simpson would say: doh! :(
    Fixed in my branch locally.

Creating TsDump with TVE3.5:
    Depending on which version you're using, the options may not be hooked up to TsWriter.

Creating TsDump with TVE3:
    There is some gimicky issue with saving the dump option.

The most fool proof way to create a dump with both TVE 3 and 3.5 is to create c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\debug\DumpRawTS.txt, then restart the TV service.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and I think it should be fixed now! :)
    There was a bug in the PMT parser when backing out of DCII video stream detection, triggered by the private stream for Euronews (which is a DCII video stream candidate).
    Please try the attached TsWriter... :)

PS: Your report, testing and patience is really appreciated. (y)

Attachments

• TsWriter [DCII_video_detection_backout_fix].zip
      131 KB

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Afternoon Gents, as my VM setup seems to be going good now, I can now commit some testing time via a VM to test anything that is needed.

So, if you need any MP2 testing, TVE3.5 testing, integration testing etc. I can do this. As it will be on VMS, I can run stability testing for stream playbacks for as long as you need too. I need to invest in more memory to get all these VMs running but until then, I'm happy to take my dev vm offline to bring a tvengine testing vm up as necessary. Just need to tag me and tell me what you want doing!

@mm1352000 - it's about time that I offered TVE3.5 testing so that it can be used in place of my tve3 setup :) Obviously this testing would be on dev systems and I certainly won't need the custom sky work there!

Have a great day,

Chris

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ...and I think it should be fixed now!
    It's looking great :D
    6tEU9i0o4MAOnldEUejmqvHSMJKKO.jpg

Working fine now. (y)

** EDIT **
    Just scanned the entire xml from my provider and it finished without issues.

Last edited:

dt_matthews

February 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi

I installed the latest MP2 (10th anniversary) build yesterday (no previous
    install on m/c), then put the SlimTv plugin files in place.

The setup exe finds my card ok but scan channels returns nothing.

Have I done something stupid and can I provide you with logs / further info
    to understand whats wrong?

The usb tuner is working fine with its native gui btw.

thanks

dt_matthews

February 19, 2015
    Home Country

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello dt_matthews

First, thanks for reporting the problem. :)

There doesn't seem to be much information about your tuner on our forum, so we're going to need your help to figure out what is going on. Some questions...

1. Can you tell me: have you checked if the tuner works in other software? (...for example, AVerTV, MediaPortal 1's TV Server...?)
    2. If you do have other TV software installed, can you confirm that you have it closed and/or disabled when you start trying to scan for channels with MediaPortal 2 Native TV?

Ideally we'd like you to have the latest driver for the tuner installed. Looking at the driver you have installed:
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,674] [6815 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - driver...
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - name = AVerMedia A835 USB DVB-T
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - provider = AVerMedia TECHNOLOGIES, Inc
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - version = 8.0.64.70
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - date = 2013-05-06
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - location = Port_#0002.Hub_#0004
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - PDO = \Device\USBPDO-8

According to AVerMedia's website:
    http://avertv.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=507&tab=APDriver

...the latest driver is version 8.0.64.70 released on 2014-01-14.
    As you can see, your log says that your driver is version 8.0.64.70... but dated 2013-05-06. I'm suspicious because the next driver on AVerMedia's website - version 8.2.64.64 is marked as released 2013-06-07. I wonder if 8.0.64.70 is really the latest.

3. Where did you get your driver from? An install CD, Windows update, AVerMedia's website...?

If the tuner works in other software and you've closed/disabled that software before starting the scan with MP2 Native TV...
    1. Stop MP2 Server.
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Navigate to the MP2 Server install directory.
    4. In the plugins directory there should be a SlimTV Native (Native TV) directory. Go into that.
    5. Within that directory should be another plugins directory, with a sub-directory called "CustomDevices". Go into that.
    6. Within that directory should be a file called Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.CustomDevices.ProfUsb.dll. Please find it.
    7. Take ...ProfUsb.dll out of that directory. You can put it anywhere else, just not in there. A good place might be the resources sub directory within the CustomDevices directory. We just need it out of the way.
    8. Start MP2 Server.
    Now, I'm going to ask you to tweak a few settings. I'm asking you to do this because the settings I'm about to mention can sometimes affect tuner compatibility.
    So, please can you:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the tuners list and edit the settings for your tuner. It should look similar but not exactly the same as -->this<--.
    3. I would like you to try scanning with combinations of the following settings:
    • preferred network provider: generic, DVB-T
    • idle mode: stop, always on
    You're currently using generic and stop. That gives you 3 other combinations to test: generic + always on; DVB-T + stop; and DVB-T + always on.
    After each settings change you'll need to save and restart the MP2 Server (to make sure the setting change takes effect).
    Please collect log files for each combination that you test, and post/attach the log files here.

Thanks in advance,
    mm

dt_matthews

February 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello dt_matthews

First, thanks for reporting the problem. :)

There doesn't seem to be much information about your tuner on our forum, so we're going to need your help to figure out what is going on. Some questions...

1. Can you tell me: have you checked if the tuner works in other software? (...for example, AVerTV, MediaPortal 1's TV Server...?)
    2. If you do have other TV software installed, can you confirm that you have it closed and/or disabled when you start trying to scan for channels with MediaPortal 2 Native TV?

Ideally we'd like you to have the latest driver for the tuner installed. Looking at the driver you have installed:
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,674] [6815 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - driver...
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - name = AVerMedia A835 USB DVB-T
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - provider = AVerMedia TECHNOLOGIES, Inc
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - version = 8.0.64.70
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - date = 2013-05-06
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - location = Port_#0002.Hub_#0004
    [2015-02-19 19:22:22,690] [6831 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - PDO = \Device\USBPDO-8

According to AVerMedia's website:
    http://avertv.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=507&tab=APDriver

...the latest driver is version 8.0.64.70 released on 2014-01-14.
    As you can see, your log says that your driver is version 8.0.64.70... but dated 2013-05-06. I'm suspicious because the next driver on AVerMedia's website - version 8.2.64.64 is marked as released 2013-06-07. I wonder if 8.0.64.70 is really the latest.

3. Where did you get your driver from? An install CD, Windows update, AVerMedia's website...?

If the tuner works in other software and you've closed/disabled that software before starting the scan with MP2 Native TV...
    1. Stop MP2 Server.
    2. Open Windows Explorer.
    3. Navigate to the MP2 Server install directory.
    4. In the plugins directory there should be a SlimTV Native (Native TV) directory. Go into that.
    5. Within that directory should be another plugins directory, with a sub-directory called "CustomDevices". Go into that.
    6. Within that directory should be a file called Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.CustomDevices.ProfUsb.dll. Please find it.
    7. Take ...ProfUsb.dll out of that directory. You can put it anywhere else, just not in there. A good place might be the resources sub directory within the CustomDevices directory. We just need it out of the way.
    8. Start MP2 Server.
    Now, I'm going to ask you to tweak a few settings. I'm asking you to do this because the settings I'm about to mention can sometimes affect tuner compatibility.
    So, please can you:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the tuners list and edit the settings for your tuner. It should look similar but not exactly the same as -->this<--.
    3. I would like you to try scanning with combinations of the following settings:
    • preferred network provider: generic, DVB-T
    • idle mode: stop, always on
    You're currently using generic and stop. That gives you 3 other combinations to test: generic + always on; DVB-T + stop; and DVB-T + always on.
    After each settings change you'll need to save and restart the MP2 Server (to make sure the setting change takes effect).
    Please collect log files for each combination that you test, and post/attach the log files here.

Thanks in advance,
    mm

Hi mm,

Firstly, a big thankyou for taking the time to post such a thorough reply to assist me.

To answer some of your questions, yes, the native AVerTV app works fine with the driver installed.

Im pretty sure your theory about them (AVerTV that is) having mis-labelled their driver release is correct as I am fairly sure I have the latest driver for the tuner installed.

Anyway, to MP2, once I removed (well, renamed actually) the ...ProfUsb.dll and re-scanned with [Idle Mode: Stop] and [Network provider: specific] it then picked up the channels I expected just fine.

One slightly strange observation - the TV Server config app is refusing to close when I click 'OK'.

Do you want the logs for development purposes?

Once again, many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom