Testing of 1.2.3 build - new build (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Let's try if I post the individual installers so that you can do an upgrade. Run the MediaPortal installer first, then the TV installer (if you need TV client or server).

The team is putting a lot of effort into this (and every) release. It is very disheartening to see that the people who will complain if we release it with bugs cannot be bothered to test it.

PLEASE HELP!

timus

Portal Member
    August 7, 2011
    hi elliottmc

I test the version 1.2.3 (with the upgrade)....

for my use, it's ok: DVB-T, DVB-S (the new tswriter corrected the problem "nt1, GameOne" for me (y) ), for video and music is ok too

for now it's all good for me

thank you

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I tested this version for 1 day now and did not notice any issue.

Tested parts:

- TV (DVB-C the Netherlands with FireDTV and Alphacrypt CAM): zapping between SD->SD, SD->HD, HD->HD and HD->SD. Record also a program and played it.
    - EPG
    - Radio
    - Music

Cheers,

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    After doing a clean install I'm happy to report that the problem I had before with the new TsWriter and my 1.2.2 install doesn't appear. :) It did get stuck initialising DirectX on the first run, but this hasn't happened since so I don't think it's worth paying any attention to.

I tried using the dshowhelper and TsReader-nsm50 from my 1.2.2 install and the dshowhelper didn't cause any problems, but the nsm50 does cause some slurred playback and brief cutouts after changing channel, but not the problems I had before, so I guess there's some incompatibilty with nsm50 and 1.2.3. I've attached logs from testing with the old dshowhelper and nsm50 but I also tested with the 1.2.3 dshowhelper and nsm50 and the result was the same.

I did try to test with the subs patch (TVCCSeb_V48) but unfortunately wasn't able to as it replaces the TVplugin.dll with one that 1.2.3 doesn't like, so it could be that (or that plus nsm50) which caused the problems I had before. Have you got a version of this that's compatible with 1.2.3 Sebastiii?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    It did get stuck initialising DirectX on the first run, but this hasn't happened since so I don't think it's worth paying any attention to

This happens sometimes. I think it is if MP is set to load on startup, and the computer starts to launch it when not everything is ready. On my HTPC I set a 10 second startup delay in MP, and this fixes it.

Thanks for testing and confirming that all is well.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Will 1.2.2 compatible plugins work with 1.2.3 when it's released? I'm just thinking that if I'll have to wait for them all to be upgraded, I should probably stick with 1.2.2 for this HTPC I'm building for my brother and upgrade him later when the plugins have been updated, otherwise I'll never get it sent to him ;)

The only ones I've tried so far are MessagePlugin (for my remote via EventGhost) which works fine and PS++ 1.2.6.0 which doesn't show in TV Server Config and causes an error in MP Config.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The only ones I've tried so far are MessagePlugin (for my remote via EventGhost) which works fine and PS++ 1.2.6.0 which doesn't show in TV Server Config and causes an error in MP Config.

All normal plugins should be working ok as there hasn't been any changes in the interfaces. PS++ is a bit different case as it replaces some MP components (as far as I know) so it will always require a new version when MP binaries change.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

All normal plugins should be working ok as there hasn't been any changes in the interfaces. PS++ is a bit different case as it replaces some MP components (as far as I know) so it will always require a new version when MP binaries change.

Thanks, that's good to hear :) I'll go and try some others and wait for an update to PS++ (which does indeed replace PS).

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi,

i'm testing this version (update on client and clien/server) since one day and it works very good for me.
    imho channel switching is a bit faster, especially the first tuning after starting mp is now faster for me. don't know if it's an feature of now version or only because of new install, but it's fine :)
    recording und epg works as good as before (nerver had problems with it)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom