Testing of 1.2.3 build - new build (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, I only had problems with a couple of plugins:

1) MovingPictures caused MP Config (when clicking on Plugins) to give an error about Cornerstone and crash and when I copied Cornerstone.dll and Cornerstone.MP.dll across, it then complained about nlog.dll. I found this in the main Mediaportal folder and once I copied this across to 1.2.3 it was OK, but I'm not sure why a plugin needs a .dll in the main folder.

2) Same with SubCentral, that also needs nlog.dll in the main folder.

3) MyLyrics needs LyricsEngine.dll which I also found in the main folder.

Happily, even with all the plugins copied across (except for MyLyrics and LyricsEngine.dll, which I decided I don't need) 1.2.3 seems to be fine and certainly the TV part isn't having any problems :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I did try to test with the subs patch (TVCCSeb_V48) but unfortunately wasn't able to as it replaces the TVplugin.dll with one that 1.2.3 doesn't like, so it could be that (or that plus nsm50) which caused the problems I had before. Have you got a version of this that's compatible with 1.2.3 Sebastiii?

Sure i will :)

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have been running it for 2 days. And it works rock solid. All recent patches are still working great. Not a single instability issue and no problem so far of getting out of suspend.
    Nb: i did an upgrade from 1.2.x betas.
    Great work.

dd11

March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I would gladly help to test and use this wonderful (on paper and videos) piece of work.

But MS SQL / MySQL for a desktop product?? Cmon, where is your SQLite?!? ;(

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I would gladly help to test and use this wonderful (on paper and videos) piece of work.

But MS SQL / MySQL for a desktop product?? Cmon, where is your SQLite?!? ;(

Well, the developers know what is needed, so why not give it a try?

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi, I tested v1.2.3 on a client/ server with winxp and did not notice any issue.

Tested parts:

TV: (Comcast Digital Cable with HAUPPAUGE WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner and a HAUPPAUGE WinTV-PVR-150 ): zapping between SD->SD, SD->HD, HD->HD and HD->SD. didn't notice any speed improvement but worked fine as before the upgrade about 2 seconds between channel SD->HD and quicker between SD->SD and HD->HD. Set up with EPG and recorded some programs, they played fine

EPG: Set up recordings and zapped to channels just fine.

Be testing the video section soon.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested the upgrade path, works fine, no issues (yet). Tested:

Music, TV, Videos, Pictures, OnlineVideos, Settings (Skin Avallonis)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello, I am a new user of MediaPortal, just been trying it for a month or so. Within the next week I plan to do a clean install of OS (Win 7 32-bit) in order to set up MediaPortal from scratch with the correct codecs / drivers etc and to get rid of any potential old files that may cause corruptions. So I will have a nice clean, minimalist build.

I am in the UK and using DVB-T and DVB-T2. Would it be okay to install this beta version of MediaPortal 1.2.3 in order to get the Freeview HD EPG fix? I am aware that it is only beta so if I have any problems would I have to completely uninstall it and then do a new install of 1.2.2?

I would be happy to report back with any logs if that would help the testing process.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Started testing Videos and i can't seem to find the TMDB grabber "- 0003792: [Videos] TMDB images search fail (changes in TMDB returned xml)" I updated the grabbers in MP configuration Video settings and its not on the list.

Here's logs don't think they will help, i probably just missed some instructions somewhere.

EDIT: Never mind found the tick box it the cover area.

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MovingPictures caused MP Config (when clicking on Plugins) to give an error about Cornerstone and crash and when I copied Cornerstone.dll and Cornerstone.MP.dll across, it then complained about nlog.dll. I found this in the main Mediaportal folder and once I copied this across to 1.2.3 it was OK, but I'm not sure why a plugin needs a .dll in the main folder.
    The same issue with the Avallonis-Editor.

Otherwise, i tested with a new installation, all works fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom