Testing of 1.2.3 build - new build (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

We really need users with UK freesat to test this build. One person has reported problems with EPG grabbing with the included TsWriter.

If there is a problem and we don't get it verified now, then it is possible that 1.2.3 could break your EPG. Hopefully not, but I want everyone to be aware of what could happen if we don't get the necessary testing.

Thanks!

Mark

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've noticed some glitches/flickering on the TV EPG that I haven't seen with previous builds. It's not as bad today as it has been, but what I'm seeing today is when I'm looking at a later time, so that the current time isn't visible, when the current time marker updates it flashes onto the screen anyway rather than updating offscreen.

I normally use PureVisionHD but tested and confirmed with DefaultWide as well.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I've noticed some glitches/flickering on the TV EPG that I haven't seen with previous builds. It's not as bad today as it has been, but what I'm seeing today is when I'm looking at a later time, so that the current time isn't visible, when the current time marker updates it flashes onto the screen anyway rather than updating offscreen.

I normally use PureVisionHD but tested and confirmed with DefaultWide as well.
    And you have never seen this before? I can not see any changes since 1.2.2 that would go anywhere near any code that would affect EPG or rendering engine.

Do you get it without the modified dshowhelper?

edit: apart from http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3738 .... but does not sound like it would cause an issue like this ???

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    No, I've never noticed this before, which doesn't mean it wasn't happening of course ;) I think I probably would have noticed it at some point though.

I don't think I'm using a modified dshowhelper with 1.2.3 (my sig applies to 1.2.2 and I haven't updated it whilst I test 1.2.3). I can't see any mention of it in the logs.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    No, I've never noticed this before, which doesn't mean it wasn't happening of course ;) I think I probably would have noticed it at some point though.

I don't think I'm using a modified dshowhelper with 1.2.3 (my sig applies to 1.2.2 and I haven't updated it whilst I test 1.2.3). I can't see any mention of it in the logs.

Please could you test without it?

Thanks,

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It's the standard MP 1.2.3 dshowhelper in the logs (v1.4.55g), but anyway it's only actually in use when video is playing, and it's not directly involved in the GUI rendering either.

The 3738 bug fix has been in the experimental versions for many months, and it only modifies very large aspect ratio numbers before passing them to the MP player code, so that they are not simply truncated along the way (producing a black screen). If the numbers are in the usual range e.g. 4:3, 16:9, they are not modified at all.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    There is also bad continuity error in the logs - it looks like the signal dropped out for about 2 seconds, this will cause the GUI rendering to stall since the screen will only update (if playing video) when there are video frames to render.

Tony

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    There is also bad continuity error in the logs - it looks like the signal dropped out for about 2 seconds, this will cause the GUI rendering to stall since the screen will only update (if playing video) when there are video frames to render.

Tony

I'm watching TV at the moment and there's no signal dropout or breakup/glitches but I'm still seeing the problem with the EPG.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Tony

I'm watching TV at the moment and there's no signal dropout or breakup/glitches but I'm still seeing the problem with the EPG.

And this is the only part where you see flickering, or the only part you have checked?

Could you post a video of this on youtube so that we can see what you are seeing?

Is this on a single or dual monitor setup?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Tony

And this is the only part where you see flickering, or the only part you have checked?

Could you post a video of this on youtube so that we can see what you are seeing?

Is this on a single or dual monitor setup?

To me it sounds like the infamoust ATI related flickering bug that has been there for years. It can be hidden on some (nowadays majority) of ATI systems but still it seems to popup once a while, althou mainly with the older generation ATI HW.

I agree with Owlsroost that there has not been any changed between 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 that could affect the GUI rendering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom