[THEME] Music Layouts (clearart, cdart, bio, ect.) for MP 1.3 Beta - v3.0 - ALPHA TEST VERSION (1 Viewer)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: [MOD]Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version v1.2)

Thankyou Shangostar for you great feedback.

Since you mentioned it the artist image/fanart has started to bug me. Its quite easy to add a fallback option. I had two ideas.

1. Use the artist image and slightly horizontaly strech (so its barely noticable say 10-15%) and mask the top and bottom. This will mean some picture may miss out on the top of a face of someone. Sort of like a non-linear strech.

2. The other idea was to keep the aspect as a square and fill in the gap with some sort of common image.

My thoughts are the first option would look the best.

Let me know if you can come up with anything.

I think either would work but that is asuming that all the artist images are square, all mine are because I made them that way, i dont think most peoples will be though because the artist images that get scraped from Last.FM are a bit of a pic n' mix of shapes and sizes.

If you stretch the image it may look very weird on some images depending on their original aspect. or if you use a mask it might cover too much of a wide image and not cover any of a narrow image.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

I think either would work but that is asuming that all the artist images are square, all mine are because I made them that way, i dont think most peoples will be though because the artist images that get scraped from Last.FM are a bit of a pic n' mix of shapes and sizes.

If you stretch the image it may look very weird on some images depending on their original aspect. or if you use a mask it might cover too much of a wide image and not cover any of a narrow image.

Thanks. I think some more thought is required from me. I will have to leave this one until after 1.2RC as i havn't done much with image mask's and i think the wiki is a bit lacking in info. So not as quick as i though to do. So from now a complete focus on getting it ready for 1.2RC and a few minor extra features.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

Good work.. one question; Will this be included in the default streamedMP skin for MP 1.2.0 rc? Or is it still a mod..

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

It will still be a mod, but I do plan on spicing up the default layouts with some ideas taken from Mr V's mod ;)

mrbonsen

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • December 6, 2008
    Brensbach (HE) ehemals Görlitz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [MOD]Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version v1.2)

thank you "Mr.V" , very good work and am on the test.
    is there a possibility the artist info in other languages​​?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [MOD]Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version v1.2)

Not to sure on this. The Artist info is from allmusic.com. Don't think i have to much control over this as the downloaded info is handled by MediaPortal and not the skin. Seems like a question that could be best answered by the MP dev team.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi man,

i have a quistion.. i like the rotary cd art a lot! Only one problem: It show up in the left up corner, but not when I'm on the basic homescreen.. Than I see only the cd case..

Any idea?

SOLVED! I have install the mod again and it works..

But I have a requist.. In the no playing screen, only with the default settings the rotating cd art is showing.. Personly I like the 3th one more (fullscreen 2) But than the cd art doesn't show up..

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Thats because if you choose one other than default you are using a standard streamedmp now playing screen which doesnt use CD art, MrV has only created one now playing screen.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [MOD]Music Layouts for 1.2b-clearart,cdArt, music tags-(test version v1.2)

Not to sure on this. The Artist info is from allmusic.com. Don't think i have to much control over this as the downloaded info is handled by MediaPortal and not the skin. Seems like a question that could be best answered by the MP dev team.

Yes currently the only place info is scraped from is allmusic.com which is only in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom