[Bug] Timeshift repeating on channel change (1 Viewer)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have an idea why it happens...
    Could you all try to reproduce it with provided file and report back.
    The problem was gone after a restart today, but I just replace the file with the new EXE you provided. No problems yet, but if it occurs againg I will report with new logs!

Restarting helps because you suffering from issues with tvcard(saw it in your logs) but with this exe it wont lead to play from beginnig now. let me know if it happens again
    :D

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have an idea why it happens...
    Could you all try to reproduce it with provided file and report back.
    The problem was gone after a restart today, but I just replace the file with the new EXE you provided. No problems yet, but if it occurs againg I will report with new logs!

Restarting helps because you suffering from issues with tvcard(saw it in your logs) but with this exe it wont lead to play from beginnig now. let me know if it happens again
    What kind of problems exactly? As far as I know I never had these problems before RC2?

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country

What kind of problems exactly? As far as I know I never had these problems before RC2?

If you check your logs you will see graph starting errors. check tv server error log, its full of it :)
    probably its related to this issue: 0002916: Various tuning problems with DVB-T cards in RC3 - MediaPortal Bugtracker

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    aspik i have checked log from others. They have same issue, which differs from yours.
    To maintain thread more clean i suggest you start new thread with your issue.

Replies from others are welcome!

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

If you check your logs you will see graph starting errors. check tv server error log, its full of it :)
    probably its related to this issue: 0002916: Various tuning problems with DVB-T cards in RC3 - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Alright, but I have DVB-C cards; could be related though!?

I'm currently testing your tvservice.exe. Something changed, but now it freezes and shows a frame of the 'old' channel and the sound is of the channel I switched to! The freezed frame of the old channel stays on screen, while the sound of the new channel keeps playing. Most of the times the screens turns black with the gui (channel number) on top of it.

Here are the logs also... did some channelswitching :)

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Romuz,

I have exactly the same problems like Snader. I use 2 FloppyDTV DVB-C cards.
    With the original TVService.exe, the timeshift starts from beginning by changing the channel (but I don't see any relationship between HD and SD channel), with the new TVService.exe, I hear often only the Sound with black Screen or a freezed picture. After a while, I see the normal 'running' channel.

I have problems with viewing TV since RC2. In RC2 it was often not possible to start the graph - why not? I don't know. In version 1.0.2 everything works perfectly.

I would asked you to provide a new TVService.exe version as often as you can, because not beeing able to watch TV is very annoying.
    I thought about to switch back to 1.0.2, but it is much work for me, so I hope, you can help us very soon!!!

Thanks in advance
    Fab55

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Most probably graph building problem will be fixed int RC4.
    Timeshift repeat wont be fired in that case.
    Im now looking into another way to solve that issue. Clear timeshift in case of error instead of continue playing.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Most probably graph building problem will be fixed int RC4.
    Timeshift repeat wont be fired in that case.
    Im now looking into another way to solve that issue. Clear timeshift in case of error instead of continue playing.
    Clear timeshift on error sounds good. That's what I do now also by first pressing stop on my remote before switching to another channel.

Thanks Romuz for your efforts so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom