Tools and other software tinyMediaManager - The Media Manager for MediaPortal (Win/Mac/Linux) (2 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thank you for the continuing development of this :)

3-0 Snapshot - Version 2019-02-19- 00:25
    Date added column does not respect date format
    Windows localisation set to UK - date format dd/mm/yyyy - TMM format mm/dd/yy

Makes sorting the column fail - I think it's sorting as a numerical column not as a date column?

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @SpudR sorry, I've missed your messages from begin of february (the mail notification probably did not work and I visit this forum only for publishing new releases :D)
    I hope to process all your points soon - need a little tmm break now (has been a busy time the last month with the structual changes of tmm).
    But according to the date: we have no hard coded date style - we take the style which has been set in the java runtime. BUT: we set the language at the start (e.g. I use tmm in EN whereas my System is DE). Maybe this has an impact to the date format.
    But the sorting is done via plain date object (independed to the display format) - this must work!

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Lol
    No worries - just pointing out my observations :)
    And no rush - these are not mega important things...

Your point about setting the language would make sense - I use English, but I'm in the UK so I guess English would be US English hence the incorrect date format - when you're back at it can you add an option for UK English to the language options.

As for the sorting - it seems that it's working again after an update - nothing to worry about there :)

Don't forget about the 'Original Title' column doesn't sort...

Last edited:

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @SpudR I've just had a look at your date formatting request:
    Java handles date formatting primary via the set locale (which is the same as the UI language), and secondary via country (which we do not set except for br_BR/br_PT)

I can offer you to create a new translation for tmm: British English (en_GB) which _should_ set the right locale when loaded.. Just need a translator for that too...
    benefit: you can also change US-English words to their British counterparts :D

what do you think of that solution?

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, i just saw, that the format of enGB is different, but not in the form you have in your windows settings!
    tbh Java is platform independent and cannot read your windows settings (which is a platform dependency).. I do not know how difficult it would be to make date string be rendered platform dependent.. would that be worth the time invested?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Couple of ideas:
    1. Can you set the system to use existing images if there are missing ones?
      By this I mean things like the season banners and the thumbnails - they might exist for the series in general but not for the individual seasons. Would be nice to use the series ones if they don't exist
    2. Set the minimum artwork resolutions for the TV Series'
      This option exists for the artwork on the movies side but not for the TV series

mlaggner

Portal Pro
    September 23, 2013
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. where exactly do you want to see that? in the tmm UI or written to the season folders?
    2. I've put that to the todos - but since there are not that much different images as in movies, there is not such a big need for it (but much work..) -> low prio

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    1. where exactly do you want to see that? in the tmm UI or written to the season folders?
    Mainly in the TV Series TMM UI - there are many warning triangles for the images missing - though it might be an option...
    I've put that to the todos - but since there are not that much different images as in movies, there is not such a big need for it (but much work..) -> low prio
    Understood - but on an artwork refresh it will happily download very low res as a preference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom