Ongoing tool to measure cpu and board temperature (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

:?

I have the feeling that the cpu in my htpc gets too hot. Can anyone provide my a tool that shows the temperature of the cpu or the board inside?

thank you
babbel brabbel

Jason

Portal Member
September 8, 2004
Frankfurt, Germany
Babbelgam said:

:?

I have the feeling that the cpu in my htpc gets too hot. Can anyone provide my a tool that shows the temperature of the cpu or the board inside?

thank you
babbel brabbel
Depends on the hardware you have.
If your motherboard has reliable sensors the above mentioned tool comes in quite handy. If not, temperature measurement is mostly guesswork. What kind of specs do you have?

A

Anonymous

Hi,
my motherboard is Elitegroup PM800-M2, seems pretty new but of course a cheap one. The work is done by a Celeron D 2.4GHz (Prescott) CPU whith an Arctic Cooling Super Silent 4 Pro TC Cooler. So the Cooler seems to be temperature controlled since there is a cable into the aluminum corpus. I have no clue about the fan speed.
Does this say anything to you?
Thank you,
bubble

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
Replies
Views
I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still supported I doubt there are many major differences regarding the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service". On my setup I am not seeing any significant CPU usuage MP takes around 3% and the TV Service is...
I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still...
Hi, I have a single seat setup with MP 1.31 on a Win10 machine. Since the last automated Windows update the TV-Service produces a...
Replies
Views
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
Replies
Views
Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
Replies
Views
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom