United Kingdom United Kingdom
for me i simply renamed the .ts files to mkv and that worked

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
i have updated my setup to the SVN released on the 27th of the month. I will give it a try when i get home and let you know.

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I can record BBC HD stream using TV server 3 no problems. I can switch to the channel using the client and set it to record etc. but I get no picture when playing within mediaportal. I have coreavc installed and can play back the recordings from outside of mediaportal just fine using media player classic etc.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
I can record BBC HD stream using TV server 3 no problems. I can switch to the channel using the client and set it to record etc. but I get no picture when playing within mediaportal. I have coreavc installed and can play back the recordings from outside of mediaportal just fine using media player classic etc.

what svn are u using?

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    I've installed Haali Media Splitter and CoreAVC, recording HDTV programs in TS format and H264 with TVserver3 works. Playing them outside MediaPortal using Windows Media Player works OK. Playing them with MediaPortal and the preview option in setuptv from tvserver3 works NOT (sound but no video).

Is there any solution to this problem yet?
    Would be nice to watch my HDTV channels.

EDIT: using SVN 14010 (both tvserver and MediaPortal)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It seems we're all facing the same problem.
    The TSPlayer (StreamBufferPlayer) of MediaPortal has a decent problem with HDTV. At least with the European version which is using Mpeg4 H264. The Problem seems to be, that the TSPlayer does not take care of other MediaSplitters as the Microsoft Mpg2 Splitter. The "normal" Videoplayer of MediaPortal seems to be a little bit more flexible.
    You can test this be renaming the extension of your recorded H264 ts file to something else (i.e. avi or mpg) and try to replay it with MediaPortal (via MyVideo). In my case the Haali Media Splitter is used and the file rendered via CoreAVC. Has soon as I rename it back to ts the replay get stuck (and no Haali Tray icon becomes visible).

Directly watching HDTV using CoreAVC seems to be impossible.:mad:

The funny thing is using PowerDVD (the Deluxe version with included H264 codec) MediaPortal seems to be able to playback ts files directly, but unfortunately the CPU usage is so much higher compared to CoreAVC and the picture doesn't look as good as well... so that's no real alternative.

Does anyone have a solution getting CoreAVC working with the TVPlugIn directly?
    If not, maybe we should move the thread over to feature requests. There are more and more HDTV content out there and we have no decent solution to watch it right now. :(

Bye
    Lars

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Weird trick... it also works for me when I rename the TS to something else.
    But then on some of those files now, the ffdshow filter is set incorrectly, and it flips the image upside down (The flip video checkbox is checked in settings / output).

Like I said in another post, I really wish MP would just rely on directshow priorities for decoding. Or it should provide ways to understand (and act upon) the way filters are used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom