Turn on/off TV (1 Viewer)

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
is there a keyboard shortcut or action to turn on and off the tv tuner in the tv window. I'm looking to program one of my remote buttons to turn off the tv+timeshifting when it is hit.

shred444

Portal Pro
May 13, 2006
thanks mPod. I also figured out that if i just map the button to the home menu, it shuts off the tv. so i might as well just do that.

Thanks!

pfunk1914

Portal Member
March 14, 2006
When you leave the TV module and then hit stop (or B), isn't the tv card technically still recording? When I go back to tv, I can hit rewind as if I never stopped watching. The only reason I ask is because I like to leave the MP on all the time, but when I turn off the tv for the night I wouldn't want the card to actually be encoding all night. I imagine that might lead to its early demise if it is working all the time. Right now I have the remote setup where when I hit power, HIP passes the command to go to the MyTV module, go down 4 times, then enter. It would be nice to have just one button that stops the tv by turning the tv function off. I didn't see that option in any of the custom keyboard commands, but maybe I just can't find it. I really appreciate any help or advice you might be able to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2 Stopped powering down DE
Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
Replies
Views
TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom