TV Groups are not showing up in TVServer Setup (1 Viewer)

neo2001

Portal Member
December 26, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
The MySQL command line client should also do it.

Something like this (Didn't test it! I'm using SQL Server):
Code:
mysql -uroot -p MyTvDb -e "DELETE FROM groupmap WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM channel WHERE channel.Idchannel = groupmap.Idchannel)"

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    It works ALMOST!

you need to run this in the "Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin" folder...
    Code:
    mysql -uroot -p MpTvDb -e "DELETE FROM groupmap WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM channel WHERE channel.Idchannel = groupmap.Idchannel)"
    (note the db is named mpTvDb - not myTvDb) :)

THANKS!!!! :D

Also - I'm now running this http://www.heidisql.com/ to manage my Database

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great. After replacing my TV card, I also have no option to create or modify groups in TV Config anymore. So channels are a mess :mad:

Now reading the above "workaround" does not help me much since I see no way to enter the command in the Microsoft SQL Server management app. There is no option I see to enter free text or anything.

How come this is no bug? I had the option to create groups and/or to sort my channels. I still have a link in the config tool, though it's just not showing the options it should. It's gone, it was there, in my vocabulary this is called a bug.

If someone can point me in the right direction how to enable this little, but oh so important modification option, I'd be very thankfull.

MP 1.0.2 with the TV server that came with it and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Now reading the above "workaround" does not help me much since I see no way to enter the command in the Microsoft SQL Server management app. There is no option I see to enter free text or anything.

You have to download and install SQL Server Management Studio and then select "new query".

Simone

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

You have to download and install SQL Server Management Studio and then select "new query".

Simone
    Installed SQL SMS and entered the query. Got this back:

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Invalid object name 'groupmap'.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Simone
    Installed SQL SMS and entered the query. Got this back:

Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Invalid object name 'groupmap'.
    Did you enter the MpTvDb? ;)

Schwabe78

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

so, i invested some time to fix my TVserver prob. I download MYSQL SMS Express and try to enter the query. I got this back:

Meldung 102, Ebene 15, Status 1, Zeile 1
    Falsche Syntax in der Nähe von 'uroot'.

Pleas need some help....

Greetings

Schwabe

neo2001

Portal Member
    December 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

so, i invested some time to fix my TVserver prob. I download MYSQL SMS Express and try to enter the query. I got this back:

Meldung 102, Ebene 15, Status 1, Zeile 1
    Falsche Syntax in der Nähe von 'uroot'.

Pleas need some help....

Greetings

Schwabe

The line (thx for correction BTW @SpudR)
    Code:
    mysql -uroot -p MpTvDb -e "DELETE FROM groupmap WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM channel WHERE channel.Idchannel = groupmap.Idchannel)"
    is supposed to call the MySQL(!) command line client and execute the sql-query.

If you are using Microsoft SQL Server, you should open the Management Studio, connect to the server and type (copy'n'paste):
    Code:
    USE MpTvDb; -- or the name of your database if different
    DELETE FROM groupmap WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM channel WHERE channel.Idchannel = groupmap.Idchannel);
    GO;
    and run the query (press F5).

Schwabe78

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

i tested your new commandline. You must delete the last Go- Command ! Then it works great. I´m happy, thats it works. Thank´s a lot !!

:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom