TV On/Off button on MCE 2005 remote (1 Viewer)

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
and-81 said:
Also, I suggest you use system wide mappings for every single button on the remote and then just customise those in the profile for each application. IE. Create system wide mappings for the arrow keys, PC button, big green button, etc.. and then redefine them on an application by application basis where needed. As you can imagine, for most applications the mapping of the arrow keys wont change.

Pretty fair.. I'll spend some time during the week end to configure it. Do you know of any existing template already mapping the most common keys?

and-81 said:
I don't understand what you mean by HTPC and "relay" modes, can you elaborate?

It's still pretty fuzzy in my mind.. but I was thinking to have something similar to a small utility I found that simulate keys using the remote control. This utility has two modes you can switch between (if I remeber correctly you have to keep the green button pressed for 5 seconds to switch from one mode to another). In the first mode you are in the "standard" MCE remote mode (the one that would be supported by MP out of the box). The second mode is a custom mode where every key on the remote is mapped to an action (key press, blaster signaling etc.).
I would love something like that, and it would virtualy double the number of available keys on the remote.

I hope it's clearer now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da] "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001 There are several different values for the...
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor...
I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony. Everything looks good so far...
Replies
Views
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
Replies
Views
@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
Replies
Views
@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
@doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom