[fixed] Tv preview screen shows over the epg (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i personally think this is the only part of the skin which lets it down, there is something about the epg which does not look right for me. Looks out of proportion somehow, cant put my finger on it. Think a 7 row epg seems a bit `useless` in terms of useability, maybe its the size of the epg compared to default wide, seems like its zoomed in and looks big, if that makes sense.
    I really love the skin in every other way and am really great full for all the hard work put into both the skin and mepo :)

I agree.. it's very difficult to scroll the EPG with only 7 rows - it basically scrolls past too fast. 11 rows will be great once the layout is fixed hopefully!
    Fab skin though - really brings MP bang up to date!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I think its too few rows also, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice program sypnosis for extra rows so stick with the 7. Avallon / Avallonis had a guide I really liked, think that was 10 and it kept sypnosis and TV preview as well :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The Default Wide '11 row EPG' theme has 11 rows + synopsis + TV preview (although it's quite small) so it's all possible....

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I've already added loads of hack and slash fixes to the theme already I'm starting to forget what I've actually done to it lol. Not to stamp my feet or anything as I'm sure theres some logical reasoning behind it, but waiting months for skin fixes which are already fixed seems 'lengthy' if they are just skin files and nothing in MePo that's changing to accomodate them?

I'll take a look at it, thanks SciDoctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    You need to use "TV Server Config". On the "TV Channels" panel, you will find that there are two entries for "Quest" -- the old one and the new one. Simply delete the old one. When this happens in the future, you can select a channel and click the "Preview" button on the panel. If the channel is working, a small preview screen appears...
    You need to use "TV Server Config". On the "TV Channels" panel, you will find that there are two entries for "Quest" -- the old one...
    Help Please, I have a couple of issues. Query 1: Regarding the Quest channel: Last week, I set it to record a program and it...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
    Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
    Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG Collector gets its epg from and found it gets it from 'freesathome' so cribbed the settings from that and added the freesathome channel to the radio channels and selected that channel only to collect epg...
    Ok some good news after much tearing out of hair lol as i refuse to be beaten at problem solving i managed to find out where EPG...
    Hi folks Ive just started using epg collector to import uk freesat epg into mediaportal i have had good success with it so far and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom