Tools and other software TV Scheduler (1 Viewer)

Aros62

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    I'm looking for an application, installed on a PC, MAC or Linux, that lets me to schedule TV recordings, arrange TV channels etc, etc and with a hit of a button updates the MP TV Server. Has anyone heard of such a application?

Thanks,

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    would be nice if it had a guide, maybe up to 2 weeks of tv listings, that I could set up to either record only one show or a whole season, or I could search for tv shows based on genre or alphabetical listing, or get a list of the lineup for a single channel.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well WebMediaportal maybe? It's not a separate application, but it fulfils your needs. Install it on your tv server, forward some ports and access it from your favourite browser.

Edit: now when I read your post again... Well it doesn't eg. you can't arrenge channels and maybe the etc,etc part is a no go too.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ... you can arrange TV channels in whatever order you want, and set up groups of channels, if you don't want them all to be visible at once, from within the MP TV-Server config. You can set up a recording schedule in the TV Client plugin, which works from within the MediaPortal GUI.

Of course, MediaPortal only installs on the PC. Look into XBMC if you want to get TV on a Linux front-end and use the MP TV Server plugin with TV-Server on a PC as a back-end. I don't know anything about how it works in that arrangement, you would have to inquire in the XBMC forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    "TV Server" can produce logs with various levels of detail. The level that has the most detail is DEBUG level, but this is not the default. So the first thing that you need to do is start "TV Server Config" and change the log level to DEBUG; see this page in the Wiki. Actually, I run my HTPC with the log level set to DEBUG all of the...
    "TV Server" can produce logs with various levels of detail. The level that has the most detail is DEBUG level, but this is not the...
    Hi Folks, Are there any TV recording logs available in MP2, and if so could someone let me know where to look? I have a weird...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks for your help.
    Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks...
    HI. I am having big problems with this. I went through the instructions online a couple of weeks ago and I seem to get the full TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    OK managed to mass edit for anyone wanting to know just export tv channels and use a text editor (i use Notepad++ ) and just replace for example &amp with &HttpUserAgent=vlc and choose replace all obviously use whatever agent works vlc in my case then either delete current channels in tv server and re import (and setup epg mapping...
    OK managed to mass edit for anyone wanting to know just export tv channels and use a text editor (i use Notepad++ ) and just...
    Hi, Hoping someone can help me with the following issue. I have been running IPTV channels without issue for a while now (Win7 &...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom