Tools and other software TV Scheduler (1 Viewer)

Aros62

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    I'm looking for an application, installed on a PC, MAC or Linux, that lets me to schedule TV recordings, arrange TV channels etc, etc and with a hit of a button updates the MP TV Server. Has anyone heard of such a application?

Thanks,

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    would be nice if it had a guide, maybe up to 2 weeks of tv listings, that I could set up to either record only one show or a whole season, or I could search for tv shows based on genre or alphabetical listing, or get a list of the lineup for a single channel.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well WebMediaportal maybe? It's not a separate application, but it fulfils your needs. Install it on your tv server, forward some ports and access it from your favourite browser.

Edit: now when I read your post again... Well it doesn't eg. you can't arrenge channels and maybe the etc,etc part is a no go too.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ... you can arrange TV channels in whatever order you want, and set up groups of channels, if you don't want them all to be visible at once, from within the MP TV-Server config. You can set up a recording schedule in the TV Client plugin, which works from within the MediaPortal GUI.

Of course, MediaPortal only installs on the PC. Look into XBMC if you want to get TV on a Linux front-end and use the MP TV Server plugin with TV-Server on a PC as a back-end. I don't know anything about how it works in that arrangement, you would have to inquire in the XBMC forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Understood.
    Understood.
    In the UK an American show, NCIS, has several series being broadcast on the same day. As a consequence, when I choose to record the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
    Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected to the TV and use MP2 on that instead of via Kodi. Something for the future perhaps.
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of work then! Of course the other option is to have a mini PC connected...
    I'm running MP2 on my PC and Kodi 19 with the MP client on my Amazon Fire TV box, and this works fine for playing anything from the...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, your issue is really weird. Normally, battery should be OK but, who know ? And, if you have something like that : It could be interesting to see if your battery give 3 Volts. Also, if, after 3 days (for example) if you can start your PC manually and, go into the BIOS, motherboard BIOS time could be a good indicator.
    Well, your issue is really weird. Normally, battery should be OK but, who know ? And, if you have something like that : It could...
    I have been using MediaPortal 1.x (currently 1.30) since 2013 on a Zotac ZBOX ID83 (Intel I3, Windows 7 now Windows 10). I record...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom