TV Server and Window 2008 Win2k8 Server (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ... I tested the RC; it worked, but issues remained, I had problems with multiple TV cards. No idea, if R2 RTM would fix that because I didn't try...

ugg

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I used 2008 SP2 x86 no problems, I used x64 before that and had problems with the TT1501 drivers, seems other Vista x64 people have similar issues. It nearly works

As for x86 I use both a Digital Everywhere and TT1501 no problems. Follow all the tweaks and you will get there. I still have not got 100% on the MCE remote , would be my only outstanding item.
    Can also confirm Ipmip works on W2K8 SP2

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Quick update; I have TV Server running on Server 2008 R2. I've only done minimal testing so far but it seems pretty good. I've got 2x PVR-250 and 2x DVB-T cards installed. (Now if I can get IRSS working I might just be able to move it into 'production'!)

I didn't do anything special - I used the bdaforserver scripts to grab the drivers etc from a Windows 7 build - the only minor hick up was I needed to grab bdasup.dll from a separate vista build (but then I didn't use it anyway.).

(Firewall mods even worked!)

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Quick update; I have TV Server running on Server 2008 R2. I've only done minimal testing so far but it seems pretty good. I've got 2x PVR-250 and 2x DVB-T cards installed. (Now if I can get IRSS working I might just be able to move it into 'production'!)

I didn't do anything special - I used the bdaforserver scripts to grab the drivers etc from a Windows 7 build - the only minor hick up was I needed to grab bdasup.dll from a separate vista build (but then I didn't use it anyway.).

Nothing to add here, MediaPortal TV-Server runs perfectly under Server 2008 R2. I just only got some problems with the firewall at the beginning, but now, it works fine.

If anyone needs the BDA Files for Server 2008 R2 GERMAN, I can upload the files.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

Nothing to add here, MediaPortal TV-Server runs perfectly under Server 2008 R2. I just only got some problems with the firewall at the beginning, but now, it works fine.

If anyone needs the BDA Files for Server 2008 R2 GERMAN, I can upload the files.

Good news :D
    I plan to switch to it from w2k3 server.

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are using TV-Server with Server 2003?!

I tried it on my brothers Windows Home Server several times, but the TV-Server was crashing all the time.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    i use it (w2k3 server r2 sp2 x86) since mp 1.0.2 till latest SVN and dont get any issues with tvserver. all works fine.
    what you get in logs?

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont know, its a long time ago. Doesnt matter, I think he will stick to the R2, too.

(WHS is no 2003 R2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom