TV Service Dying watching tv less than 5 minutes (1 Viewer)

mikeyp

Portal Member
August 23, 2015
Leicester
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Would anyone please be able to shed any light on why my TV Service has suddenly started dieing 5 minutes into watching live tv today?
The service is stopped. Logs attached.

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It looks like you've somehow managed to get into a situation where you have a recording schedule for a channel that no longer exists.

Have you deleted some channels recently?

mikeyp

Portal Member
    August 23, 2015
    Leicester
    Home Country
    It looks like you've somehow managed to get into a situation where you have a recording schedule for a channel that no longer exists.

Have you deleted some channels recently?

Quite possibly. The UK Freesat and Freeview lineup changes every so often and I did update my channels about a month ago.

Oddly I can get into Scheduled recordings in Media Portal, but everything looks as it should on channels I know have not changed.

More oddly I can't see anything under Schedules in TV Server Configuration. I have used it before so know it has worked. Now, when I select it, the banner at the top changes to schedules, but the window contents remain whatever was previously selected.

Do you think I have a corrupt database?

Do you think this might be the nudge that finally pushes me to using MediaPortal 2.1? I've been trying it every so often and I have to say the Pre2 release is looking good. Oh, before I go off on a tangent, I have a question about MP2 that I'll look up and post if I can't find the answer.

mikeyp

Portal Member
    August 23, 2015
    Leicester
    Home Country
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I found this below in similar threads: TVSERVER service crashing constantly

The result of the commands is below:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysql.exe -h localhost -u root -p
    Enter password: ***********
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 12
    Server version: 5.6.10 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
    affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
    owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> use MpTvDb
    Database changed
    mysql> DELETE FROM Schedule WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Channel WHERE Channel.idChannel = Schedule.idChannel);
    Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> DELETE FROM Schedule WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Channel WHERE Channel.idChannel = Schedule.idChannel);
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> commit
        -> ;
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> \q
    Bye

mikeyp

Portal Member
    August 23, 2015
    Leicester
    Home Country
    I can confirm that after a reboot, that has fixed the Schedules window in TV Server Configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread