TV Tuner Card Recommendation (4 channels decoding) (1 Viewer)

mpiva

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
Home Country
I plan to buy Irdeto 2 SMIT Professional CI Card supporting 4 channels.
Anyone can recommend me a Media Portal compatible DVB-C card that can use the 4 channels?

Thanks in advance :)

mpiva

Portal Member
June 29, 2009
Home Country
Yes, thanks. Since there where some updates on daily basis on the TV Core :), i needed to know, if the devs recommends some card over others.

The wiki says that the Technotrend cards are capable of multi decrypt. Also i need to know, if they're capable of decoding 4 channels on the above CI, or the devs/ppl recommends other card.

Thanks for your fast response :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nobody can make any guarantee about the compatibility of CAMs with tuners unless they have the same hardware. Therefore I will not make any recommendation. I can only say that with TVE 3 the code makes it technically possible to decrypt multiple channels on the same transponder if using:
    • Digital Everywhere OR
    • TechnoTrend
    ...tuners.

With TVE 3.5 (MP2 Native TV):
    • AVerMedia
    • Digital Devices
    • Digital Everywhere
    • DVBSky
    • KNC
    • Mystique (clones of KNC, Digital Devices, DVBSky)
    • NetUP
    • Satelco (clones of KNC, TechnoTrend)
    • TBS
    • TechniSat (clones of Twinhan)
    • TechnoTrend
    • TerraTec (clones of Twinhan)
    • Twinhan
    Decrypting 4 channels is completely dependent on the CAM and tuner hardware/firmware/driver.

Note for Digital Devices, "MTD" (CAM sharing) is supported. That means two or more tuners can share a single CAM, but each tuner can only decrypt one channel. If you have four tuners with one CAM that can decrypt four channels then you can decrypt four channels from any transponders.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Card recommendation DE
    I have a TBS 6284 PCIE card, which is an older quad-tuner DVB-T/T2 card. The tuners are significantly more sensitive than my Pinnacle 2000i DVB-T dual tuner card (and hence less likely to exhibit pixelation), but noticeably less sensitive than the tuner in my Sony TV. The Pinnacle card has been "rock solid" -- no problems at all. But...
    I have a TBS 6284 PCIE card, which is an older quad-tuner DVB-T/T2 card. The tuners are significantly more sensitive than my...
    Looking for recommendations for Dual DVB-S2 and Dual DVB-T2 PCIE tuner cards? I am based in Ireland. Looking mainly at TBS cards...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    I have installed Mediaportal x64 and TV server X64 on a freshly built Win 11 OS. I'm getting an error related to Gentle.config . "Unable to open Gentle.Config" and "Root element is missing". Any idea how to fix this on the x64 version? Thanks Fangio (Edit: Fixed by putting newest Gentle.config file into every possible directory...
    I have installed Mediaportal x64 and TV server X64 on a freshly built Win 11 OS. I'm getting an error related to Gentle.config ...
    I have decided to rework this post, becouse is no longer relevant. The SharpDX version is already included in MediaPortal since...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom