[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (1 Viewer)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I installed the new TV Server on my Server, which is working fine.

I also installed the new Media Portal Client on my Client. I can't start MediaPortal anymore, because I got the error message, that the installed TV Plugin is not compatible with the latest version of MediaPortal?! I previously had the latest version of MP (1.15) installed, before upgrading to your new version.

EDIT:

Got it. The new TV Plugin is not included in the MediaPortal Client Setup. It is included in the TV Server Setup, so I copied the file manually from my server to my client.

Last edited:

berlinerbayer

Portal Member
November 5, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do you know when MP 1.16 pre-release will be available for download? I am waiting for the download for the reason that in Germany we have the new DVB-T2 /H.265 Standard. I bought already the DVB-T2 Stick, but I can't use it with HD actual(MP 1.15 didn't support it).
Or is also a test version available, higher then 1.15.0.771, which support DVB-T2 for Germany?

berlinerbayer

Portal Member
November 5, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks for your answer. I installed the version 1.15..0.771. But in TV Configuration under the section Codecs and Renderer I still don't have available the HEVC filter, as described under the following link and screenshots.: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ching_and_recording_TV_with_HEVC//H.265_video
My TV HD channels I can only see in TV Server configuration under the section Radion Channels. I believe that in this test version the HEVC functionality and support of German DVB-T2 HD channees is not fully covered. If you could check this it would be grea.
upload_2016-12-9_7-13-5.png

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    But in TV Configuration under the section Codecs and Renderer I still don't have available the HEVC filter, as described under the following link and screenshots.: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ching_and_recording_TV_with_HEVC//H.265_video

1.15.771 may not have the filter selection update (I can't remember), but HEVC playback will still work provided you have an HEVC decode filter installed e.g. LAV 68.1 or Strongene

My TV HD channels I can only see in TV Server configuration under the section Radion Channels.

It should work properly - other users in Germany have tested the updates (see this thread - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/dvb-t2-hd-germany-channelscan.134461/ )

Did you manually stop the 'TV service' - use the 'Manual Control' section in TV Server config - before installing 'Setup-TvEngine-git-1.15.0.771.exe' (otherwise it can fail to install correctly)?

The 'radio channels' problem you are getting is what happens with an unmodified MP 1.15 TV server. It doesn't recognise HEVC video, so it thinks the channels only have an audio stream and hence shows them as (audio only) radio channels.

Last edited:

berlinerbayer

Portal Member
    November 5, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    to answer your both questions:
    1.) HEVC decode filter is installed: LAV 0.68.1
    2.) bofore update to version 1.15.0.771 I stopped the 'TV service' - use the 'Manual Control' section in TV Server config.
    I installed this version on my PC before some weeks, last night also on my laptop. The result is on every machine the same as I have reported above.

Could it be that the version 1.15.0.746, from the mentioned thread, is working fine with HEVC/DVB-T2 but not the version 1.15.0.771? Is it possible for me to downgrade and install the version 1.15.0.746? Then we could see if the prevois version is working as expected?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible for me to downgrade and install the version 1.15.0.746?

You might just be able to install 1.15.0.746 over the top of 1.15.0.771, but I've never tried it.

As I don't live in Germany, I have no way of testing TV-server with live HEVC transmissions - can anyone else confirm that 1.15.0.771 works (or not) with the German DVB-T2 HEVC channels?

berlinerbayer

Portal Member
    November 5, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I have restored a backup of my pc with MediaPortal Version 1.11.0. Afterwards I installed the MP version 1.15.0.746, executed the TVB-T2 Scan and now it works. The HD channels are displayed under TV channels and it works as expected. This confirms to me that DVB-T2/HEVC is not working with version 1.15.0.771

I am happy to find out the root cause, thanks a lot for your hint with the threat for DVB-T2 in Germany and the working version.

As next step I will try to downgrade MediaPortal on my laptop...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My TV HD channels I can only see in TV Server configuration under the section Radion Channels.
    Just to make sure...
    Did you rescan after patching/updating?
    It's not enough to install a patch or update, because the patch/update won't convert the channels from radio to TV. You have to rescan as you did with 1.15.0.746.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom