tv3nz problems (1 Viewer)

bttmnz

Portal Member
February 26, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
when i try to watch a episode i get to buffering then a message "error starting playback unspecified error".
when i try to download i get "download failed"
please could you take a look for us new zealanders

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, shit. Must check my todo list more regularly, and stop doing things that are not on the list :)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can anyone confirm tv3 nz is working in xbmc? If so, a log would be very nice.
    As an alternative (as it is geoblocked) a vpn would do nicely too. hint @eeknz

iascoot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 20, 2007
    Dunedin
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I installed xbmc, the NZ On Demand plugin failed to load any categories for me to try play a video

I had a play around with this earlier but couldn't get it going, it was trying but I believe it failed and requires extra changes in the Util

I updated fileUrlFormatString to:
    <item key="fileUrlFormatString"><![CDATA[rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_/mp4:mad:@/{0}/{1}/{2}_]]></item>
    which I found from using URL Snooper
    URL Snooper reported:
    rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_
    video src="mp4:tv3/transfer/26072013/HX047290_330K.

But the swf location when playing in browser shows
    http://static.mediaworks.co.nz/video/jw/6.50/jwplayer.flash.swf
    instead of
    http://static.mediaworks.co.nz/video/jw/5.10/df.swf
    as reported in svn/trunk/SiteUtilProjects/OnlineVideos.Sites.doskabouter/TV3NZOnDemandUtil.cs(but http://static.mediaworks.co.nz/video/jw/5.10/df.swf does still load if you browse to it so it may not be stopping it - where the other link reports a config error)

There is also a new bitrate that needs added - 1500 (1465)
    The website reports the following bitrates available
    322kpbs
    684kpbs
    1465kpbs

MPUrlSourceSplitter Log attached

Hope that helps, if you struggle to get a vpn, I can set one up for you, just let me know what you prefer to use and Ill see what I can do

Attachments

• MPUrlSourceSplitter.zip
      230.7 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, wow, you're quite thorough!
    A vpn would save quite some time, so yes, I do want it. What is needed is username+password+ipaddress, so if you could set one up, and pm me the details, that would be great.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been trying to get it work, but I'm a bit stuck.
    Got the A-Z video-listing working, but playback is still not working here.

I've tried your suggestions, and played around a bit with rtmpdump, trying different options, but I keep getting a "GetSockError(): 10054".
    Perhaps @georgius can have a look?
    With the aid of Rtmpdumphelper, I get
    Code:
    -r rtmpe://vod-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_/mp4:tv3/transfer/23082013/7DAYS_CUREKIDS_FORWEB_1500K.mp4 -a vod/_definst_ -f WIN 11,8,800,94 -s http://static.mediaworks.co.nz/video/jw/6.50/jwplayer.flash.swf -t rtmpe://vod-non-geo.mediaworks.co.nz/vod/_definst_ -p http://www.tv3.co.nz/7-DAYS-Cure-Kids-Special-Season-5-Ep-21/tabid/3692/articleID/94758/MCat/2901/Default.aspx -y mp4:tv3/transfer/23082013/7DAYS_CUREKIDS_FORWEB_1500K.mp4
    note: this episode isn't geoblocked, so it is playable in browser (http://www.tv3.co.nz/7-DAYS-Cure-Ki...d/3692/articleID/94758/MCat/2901/Default.aspx)

Users who are viewing this thread