TVNZ On Demand (please help :)) (1 Viewer)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Am I completely retarded or is TVNZ on demand still not working?

I did an update and got an updated OnlineVideoSites.XML with the following:

<Site name="TVNZOnDemand" util="TVNZOnDemand" agecheck="false" enabled="true" lang="en" lastUpdated="2010-08-30T00:15:05.382161+12:00">
<Description>Television New Zealand: TV One, TV2, TVNZ 6, TVNZ 7</Description>
<Categories />
</Site>

The "last updated" looks good, but the lack of data within the tags is worrying...

vinneh

Portal Member
February 5, 2010
yeah thanks for fixing it again :)

i wonder how the ps3 is able to handle international content...oh well.. guess thats what bittorents for eh :D

vinneh

Portal Member
February 5, 2010
i was thinking, seeing as how web browsers have no issues playing the protected content, would it be possible to integrate some sort of failback behaviour into online videos, such that if it was unable to play a video etc, it just launched an actual web browser instance over the top, like firefox or internet explorer, with the appropriate preceeding url, essentially passing off the task of handling the rmtp or whatever it is to another application?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i was thinking, seeing as how web browsers have no issues playing the protected content, would it be possible to integrate some sort of failback behaviour into online videos, such that if it was unable to play a video etc, it just launched an actual web browser instance over the top, like firefox or internet explorer, with the appropriate preceeding url, essentially passing off the task of handling the rmtp or whatever it is to another application?

I think that the major problem with your idea is that when you open a browser-like window to run the flash-player, your remote control button's do not work, because (afaik) there is no way to correctly map rc-buttons to flash actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom