TVRenamer - Rename your files (1 Viewer)

takagari

Portal Member
February 17, 2008
i am finding it.. not working right.

it renamed my ds9 eps to Star Trek DS9 - 1x14 - .DVDRip.DivX-SFM ???
and wont touch csi files that are named csis4ep11 which i guess is normal since its so weird

I think a nice feature would be the ability to tellt he program which part of the name is the Title, season and episode number for a certain written format.

natbur

Portal Member
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
judging by the filename that you posted, I believe that it skipped that file. Once it parses through the file for the episode information, it tosses out the old filename and builds the new one from scratch. Nowhere in the current program is it set up to leave xvix dsrip, etc in the filename.
As for why it skipped it, the best guess is that it searched for DS9 on thetvdb and came up empty. You can either set up an alias that it'll use the next time it encounters that file, or you can go to tool > edit shows and tell it which show it is in there.

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
Hi, I have some questions about this tool:

Mostly, how do you know when it's "not working"?

I click rename, and... I can't really see what it's doing. For example if the file doesn't get renamed, I can't tell if it's because the tool can't work out what the file is supposed to be, or if it's unable to find the series in the online DB.

Also, I don't really know if it's still working, when I go to click the button again.

Could there be a progress bar or something, and a dialogue to tell you what was renamed, or what was not, and why?

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Does anyone have a problem where the renamer crashes within seconds of starting.
I find this to happen on all of the PC's I have. I have yet to find a common theme. There are no logs to up load, it just crashes and asks if I want to send microsoft the information....not.
Still, I wonder if there are dependancies the app has that I am not aware of.
I am running xp sp3 but it happens on my sp2 machine.

I am stumped.
however when it does run, it rocks.
Great app.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
I have .net 2 installed and even upgraded to .net 3 with no luck.
Also I should have mentioned I am running the 4.6.1 version

nad

Portal Member
January 4, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Rickyg:

I had the same problem..
Turn off the option "Check version on start" in the preference menu.
Worked for me...

Nad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom